PlayStation 3 GPU Less Powerful than GeForce 7800

Old August 31st 05, 05:32 PM
mike

Default PlayStation 3 GPU Less Powerful than GeForce 7800

Well, I have to admit that I was a little bias towards the PS3, but I really
did want it to be the power house they all made us believe it was going to
be, if only for the sake of raising the bar in terms of graphics and
computing power. So, i'm really disappointed to hear this. The Cell is
definitely not going to be able to compensate for this. I really hope the
next generation doesn't end up like this one, with underpowered PS3 ports
going to the Xbox360. One good thing this time around though is that Sony's
machine will have shader capabilities, and so i'm sure it will still look
great if they port them over to the 360.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/P...-GeForce-7800/

Old August 31st 05, 05:42 PM
mike

"Brandon Dieterich" wrote in message
And your source for PS3 info is from an XBox fanboy site...interesting.
lol

Laugh it up dude, it's all you can do to make yourself feel better i
suppose. Check out the post above this one, as it is a little more detailed,
and this information came straight from the mouth of Nvidia.

Old August 31st 05, 05:47 PM
mike

"mike" wrote in message
Well, I have to admit that I was a little bias towards the PS3, but I
really
did want it to be the power house they all made us believe it was going to
be, if only for the sake of raising the bar in terms of graphics and
computing power. So, i'm really disappointed to hear this. The Cell is
definitely not going to be able to compensate for this. I really hope the
next generation doesn't end up like this one, with underpowered PS3 ports
going to the Xbox360. One good thing this time around though is that
Sony's
machine will have shader capabilities, and so i'm sure it will still look
great if they port them over to the 360.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/P...-GeForce-7800/

In all fairness, i do have to admit that the 7800 is a great chip. I guess
what i'd like to know is how much more powerful will the 360 gpu be than a
7800 or r520

Old August 31st 05, 07:51 PM
Brandon Dieterich

In reality, I have neither. Just thought it funny where the info was
coming from. Like Ford quoting someone who said Chevy's cars sucked....

Old September 1st 05, 12:10 AM
Brandon Dieterich

I am really laughing now....

http://www.filerush.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3480

Old September 1st 05, 03:10 AM
Dragoncarer

"mike" wrote in message
Well, I have to admit that I was a little bias towards the PS3, but I
really
did want it to be the power house they all made us believe it was going to
be, if only for the sake of raising the bar in terms of graphics and
computing power. So, i'm really disappointed to hear this. The Cell is
definitely not going to be able to compensate for this. I really hope the
next generation doesn't end up like this one, with underpowered PS3 ports
going to the Xbox360. One good thing this time around though is that
Sony's
machine will have shader capabilities, and so i'm sure it will still look
great if they port them over to the 360.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/P...-GeForce-7800/

Meanwhile...did anyone else notice that this article was WRITTEN BY XBOX
FANBOYS. Not to mention that one should go to the source with this sort of
stuff, such as:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25838

or

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4958

Also let's consider the fact that it's all second-hand...Evil Avatar's
member 'Red Cloak' who started the whole thing has not provided any
reference...and says it comes from the PS Mag (yet another point of
hesitation as this is another FANBOY magazine and not an 'unbiased'
journal)...no screen forthcoming. Lexicon, another member, does:

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/sho...8&page=5&pp=10 (very
last post on that page).

The argument heats up, and people start to think and question before
mindlessly believing what they've read at one site that has information that
was passed on FOUR TIMES.

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/sho...8&page=7&pp=10

And finally, TemXBOX admit they were wrong:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9132/P...-GeForce-7800/

This, my friends, is why this fantastic bit of Australian television
programming exists:

www.abc.net.au/mediawatch

Old September 1st 05, 03:20 AM
Dragoncarer

"Brandon Dieterich" wrote in message
In reality, I have neither. Just thought it funny where the info was
coming from. Like Ford quoting someone who said Chevy's cars sucked....

lol...good comparison.

Old September 2nd 05, 11:21 AM
Dragoncarer

"Brandon Dieterich" wrote in message
Where did mike go? I suppose he won't comment on the recent
developments??

Who knows. I realised that the whole thing was way over by the time I got
around to it.
But, if Mike as disappeared into the ether...it kinda makes the whole
scenario even more dodgy sounding....apologies to Mike.

Dragoncarer wrote:

om...