icky nvidia desktop processing

Old August 5th 05, 09:23 AM
endorphine

Default icky nvidia desktop processing

"An Ony" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm coming from an ATI Radeon 9700 with CRT monitor, now I'm on an LCD

monitor with Geforce 6600 and must say that the ATI is so
much better in 2D Windows desktop processing.
[Is it because of the LCD monitor or the graphics card?]

With the Nvidia card I see a lot of ugly pixels on websites, images, ...

that I didn't see using the ATI card.
Is there a way to optimize non-directx/opengl applications? Like maybe

enable antialiasing on desktop applications?

Yeah since I got my 6600 from ATI 8500, my 2D is ****house. Its ok but not
as stable and clean as the ATI. Maybe its the brand Leadtek which has crap
2D?

Old August 10th 05, 12:50 AM
Robert Hancock

An Ony wrote:
Hi,

I'm coming from an ATI Radeon 9700 with CRT monitor, now I'm on an LCD monitor with Geforce 6600 and must say that the ATI is so
much better in 2D Windows desktop processing.
[Is it because of the LCD monitor or the graphics card?]

With the Nvidia card I see a lot of ugly pixels on websites, images, ... that I didn't see using the ATI card.

The obvious next step would be to try the CRT monitor on the GeForce and
see what that's like. There should be no significant difference in 2D
appearance between the Nvidia and AMD cards..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from
Old August 11th 05, 05:09 AM
Robert Hancock

An Ony wrote:
Hi,

I'm coming from an ATI Radeon 9700 with CRT monitor, now I'm on an LCD monitor with Geforce 6600 and must say that the ATI is so
much better in 2D Windows desktop processing.
[Is it because of the LCD monitor or the graphics card?]

With the Nvidia card I see a lot of ugly pixels on websites, images, ... that I didn't see using the ATI card.

The obvious next step would be to try the CRT monitor on the GeForce and see what that's like. There should be no significant
difference in 2D appearance between the Nvidia and AMD cards..

[Errr AMD cards?]

Ah, ATI, yes :-)

As I was saying "I'm coming from" physically... the two computers aren't in the same place to test that.

I assume you're using the native resolution for the LCD monitor? Other
than that, you'd have to be a bit more specific regarding what you're
seeing.