GeForce 3 Ti500 Multi Monitor Support?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 23rd 04, 07:52 PM
Rez Manzoori

Default GeForce 3 Ti500 Multi Monitor Support?

Hi Folks,

I've been using multi monitor setup for a while now using the GeForce 3Ti500
(Remember when these where the Bees Knees!) for the 21" CRT and a really old
Matrox Mystique PCI card to run a 17" CRT.

The 17" unit has been sold off and a second identical 21" CRT taken it's
place. I'm trying to use the VGA and DVI outputs of the GF3 card to drive
the two 21" CRTs but all I can manage is 2 identical screens... not much
good to me! :-(

I've download 61.77 which tells me multi-monitor is enabled but I still
can't seem to find a way to let me span the screens. I should point out that
the Matrox card has been disabled in Device manager but is still physically
in the machine. Could this be causing it?

In desperation I've ordered an FX5700LE 256MB DDR TV OUT/DVI from Tekheads
(after the second 21" CRT the budget is stretched!)... am I going to get the
same problems with screen spanning? (by that point I will have taken all the
old cards out)

TIA

--
Rez Manzoori