Not OT, right on topic: Ridiculous prices+rich(?) people=inflation in the market

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 7th 04, 04:11 PM
GT-Force

Default Not OT, right on topic: Ridiculous prices+rich(?) people=inflation in the market

Hi,

I just can't help but see that people are not ****ed off, but in fact paying
these ridiculous graphics card bills.

I remember the days we were paying $65 for a really good graphics card.
Although I know that todays's cards are way way different than those days',
I still think that especially latest generation cards are way overpriced.
$600?!? $500? Please, even $400?

Always remember: If no one buys them, the prices WILL go down, and quick!
The rich, or dumb, pull the prices up, and keep them up by paying for these
ridiculous price tags; and we all loose!

The companies will milk the bejeesus out of us, if they can, nad they will.
Why would not they? If I could sell something for the most that I could sell
it for,i.e., not for what it's worth, why would I sell it for any lower,
right?

Same applies to latest (especially hyped) games, a very good example is
Doom3. $55 for a game? Good God! No way I am paying that. Card prices are
already inflated, I am not going to help inflating the game prices now.

Come on people, THINK and ACT! Please...
I thought that the 'computer community' was a little smarter than this.
Let's not be herd by the marketers of these companies.

What do you think? Spell your guts, it's your turn.

GT

Not OT, right on topic: Ridiculous prices+rich(?) people=inflation in the market GT-Force Ati Videocards 31 August 10th 04 05:05 PM
oops.. steve General 6 April 28th 04 01:43 AM
AMD Barton 2500 prices [email protected] General 1 January 2nd 04 01:15 PM
AMD slashes prices upto 40% Jerry McBride Overclocking AMD Processors 1 December 9th 03 04:46 AM
Higher prices for CDRs they say in a news article Mutley Cdr 7 November 9th 03 10:04 AM