Inno3D fx5200 not impressing me. Problem?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 16th 03, 10:39 PM
Ben Brandwood

Default Inno3D fx5200 not impressing me. Problem?

I decided that seeing as I was getting the upgrade to Neverwinter nights,
I may as well upgrade my vid card. So I binned my GeForce2 MX400 (32mb)
and replaced it with a GeForce FX 5200 (128mb).

However NWN sucks badly now. I'm stuck in 800x600 with no AA on if I want
anything close to 25fps. If I wanted a compromise, of say 1024x768 and
2bit AA, then the game slows down to about 6 - 9 fps, that's with
settings on Medium.
So to be fair, I'm running at exactly the same settings as I did with my
GF2MX400

I really think it should be able to handle more, maybe a OpenGL issue?
I'm using the latest drivers 44.03, and the newest VIA 4-in-1 as well..

Oh and the benchmark on 3DMark03 is 948, while online tests suggest I
should be getting about 1300..

http://www.ivmm.com/inno3d/geforcefx...0_systems.html
seems to suggest that it has the 128bit bus, and not the 64bit.

Any ideas?

Ben
--
Spec:
Abit KT7A 4x AGP

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 06:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
GTA vice cyte gf4 fx5200 problem jhgd Nvidia Videocards 4 June 24th 03 09:58 PM