OT maybe : Sony G420 monitor problem

Old August 5th 03, 11:14 PM
hb

Default OT maybe : Sony G420 monitor problem

I have a sony G420, running from a GF4 4400, and the problem is the
picture is not wide enough. It's about a millimetre too short on both
sides. In all resolutions. Picture width is at 100 in the sony menu, can't
go any higher.

Is there something wrong with the monitor, or is the video card making too
much overscan ?

Picture centering is at around 50, I can easily move the picture off the
left and right side, picture height and centering is also in the 40-60
range, but with width I'm maxed out, and it hasn't even reached the edge.

I would appreciate any ideas, or whether other people with this monitor
have similar issue.

TIA.

Old August 5th 03, 11:47 PM
Figurt

I have a sony G420, running from a GF4 4400, and the problem is the
picture is not wide enough. It's about a millimetre too short on both
sides.

Yeah i had the same problem with a sony 210es (17"), it was a refurb that i
got..so i didnt accept it, it is due to the extremes that are set in service
mode, i think if you can get into service mode then you might be able to
change it..
Btw have you always had this problem? or did it just occur?

Figurt

Old August 6th 03, 12:03 AM

"hb" wrote in message
I have a sony G420, running from a GF4 4400, and the problem is the
picture is not wide enough. It's about a millimetre too short on both
sides. In all resolutions. Picture width is at 100 in the sony menu,

can't
go any higher.

Is there something wrong with the monitor, or is the video card making

too
much overscan ?

Picture centering is at around 50, I can easily move the picture off the
left and right side, picture height and centering is also in the 40-60
range, but with width I'm maxed out, and it hasn't even reached the edge.

I would appreciate any ideas, or whether other people with this monitor
have similar issue.

TIA.

monitor quite probably, chuck it in the bin.

nVidia & Sony jointly developing the graphics processor for the PS3 John Lewis Ati Videocards 1 December 10th 04 06:04 AM
Sony cd-r Peter van der Goes Cdr 3 November 15th 03 05:03 AM
Sony 510A $30 Rebate jtfogarty Cdr 5 November 13th 03 02:49 AM
Sony CRX230A-U ? @drian Homebuilt PC's 9 September 19th 03 09:31 AM
Can't drag and drop onto a CDR disk with Sony cd writer NgOnly Cdr 23 July 3rd 03 06:33 AM