NX6600 and S-Video - how to get it to work?

Old October 1st 05, 05:50 PM
Tmuld

Default NX6600 and S-Video - how to get it to work?

Sep 28, 7:38 pm show options
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 28 Sep 2005 18:38:56 -0700
Subject: S-Video and MSI NX6600 PCI-E
original | Report Abuse

Hello,
I have this MSI card (Starforce Geforce Nx6600) and it has an S-video
out jack. Right now it is plugged into a monitor with a regular VGA
adapter, but it also came with an s-video cable with 3 rgb cables
connected (RGB).

I plugged that into the S-Video jack of my LCD TV - switched it to
S-video. No video - just a blue screen?

Should I not be able to see my my desktop when that happesn.

Ulitimately I want to be able to run Windows Media player through it to
my TV.

Any suggestions how to get the S-Video working on it?

Thanks,

Tmuld

Old October 1st 05, 06:06 PM
Nikonja

Sep 28, 7:38 pm show options
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 28 Sep 2005 18:38:56 -0700
original | Report Abuse

Hello,
I have this MSI card (Starforce Geforce Nx6600) and it has an S-video
out jack. Right now it is plugged into a monitor with a regular VGA
adapter, but it also came with an s-video cable with 3 rgb cables
connected (RGB).

I plugged that into the S-Video jack of my LCD TV - switched it to
S-video. No video - just a blue screen?

Should I not be able to see my my desktop when that happesn.

Ulitimately I want to be able to run Windows Media player through it to
my TV.

Any suggestions how to get the S-Video working on it?

Thanks,

Tmuld

You have to enable video out in your nvidia control panel !
Old October 8th 05, 06:48 PM
dawg

What you are probably seeing is the extended desktop. You can try moving
your mouse past the edge of the screen.To see what's on the screen you need
to run "clone" I think. I'm starting to mess arond with this myself lately.

"Tmuld" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sep 28, 7:38 pm show options
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video