got a prob here! help!

Old June 8th 08, 11:59 AM
diz.nick26 diz.nick26 is offline
Junior Member

Default got a prob here! help!

I have a problem that I had like to talk about. My system was working fine the other day, but while copying a file by nero….the system hanged and I had to restart it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I tried to run a windows xp installation CD, but that is also showing some error message during installation and the installation fails.I did check the bios settings and the disk fails to show…and had it checked on another system also…but bios cannot detect the hard disk.I think the disk is damaged or something like that.The disk has important data from my company’s point of view…..that I need to recover.
Please let me know if there are any ways to get my data back from this disk!!!!
Old June 8th 08, 04:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
André, PE1PQX[_2_]

diz.nick26 formuleerde op zondag :
I have a problem that I had like to talk about. My system was working
fine the other day, but while copying a file by nero….the system hanged
and I had to restart it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I
tried to run a windows xp installation CD, but that is also showing
some error message during installation and the installation fails.I did
check the bios settings and the disk fails to show…and had it checked on
another system also…but bios cannot detect the hard disk.I think the
disk is damaged or something like that.The disk has important data from
my company’s point of view…..that I need to recover.
Please let me know if there are any ways to get my data back from this
disk!!!!

Have you tried to reseat the (IDE or sata) cable or even replaced the
(IDE or sata) cable?

Old June 8th 08, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

diz.nick26 wrote:
I have a problem that I had like to talk about. My system was working
fine the other day, but while copying a file by nero….the system hanged
and I had to restart it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I
tried to run a windows xp installation CD, but that is also showing
some error message during installation and the installation fails.I did
check the bios settings and the disk fails to show…and had it checked on
another system also…but bios cannot detect the hard disk.I think the
disk is damaged or something like that.The disk has important data from
my company’s point of view…..that I need to recover.
Please let me know if there are any ways to get my data back from this
disk!!!!

There are lots of data recovery companies. I have a couple in town
(probably quite small operations). Check the terms of their offers,
such as if there is a charge if no data is recovered.

http://www.seagatedatarecovery.com/
http://www.drivesavers.com/

Some of the failure reasons are relatively simple ones. The problems
are not always at the platter/head level. For example, one drive has
a firmware bug, where a data structure overflows, and after that
the firmware cannot do anything. On another line of drives, the
motor controller IC burns up. And for that drive, the data recovery
firm connects a new controller board to the outside of the HDA, and
recovers the data.

So for some of the failure types, the odds are good of getting all
the data back.

When there are media problems, sometimes the user hears clicks
or "clonks" from the drive. That is caused by the drive controller,
attempting to find track 0 when it becomes lost. That might be
a media or head problem. Head assemblies can be replaced too,
but require a clean room to do it. And that is where the
data recovery firm is worth the money, because they've invested
in enough infrastructure to open and service the HDA. A clean
room can be as small as a "glove box" with filtered air supply
Or as large as a complete room with air curtain etc.

The price of the recovery, will depend on how much work is required.
Opening the HDA will increase the cost of the recovery.

Paul

dell c810 power mgmt prob - batt to ac prob Felicia Sutherland Dell Computers 0 May 24th 08 08:34 PM
CD ROM prob lrmt General 3 March 21st 06 10:33 PM
Audio prob? AIW prob? pickle Ati Videocards 4 November 2nd 04 04:43 PM
IE Prob Dave General 2 February 29th 04 02:10 PM
DVI prob .. please help! Clare Quilty Nvidia Videocards 0 November 6th 03 01:06 AM