problems during POST

Old September 28th 08, 03:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
timO'

Default problems during POST

P5WD2E-PREMIUM BIOS-0604
D-805
XMS2-DHX-2X2G-DDR2-800 PC6400
XP PRO SP2
ENERMAX LIBERTY 500W
2XSE16WD2500KS 250G 7200 SATA

within the last month I've first upgraded to the above RAM and then
the power supply.
right after the power supply upgrade i began getting this problem
where BIOS halts during post right at the point where it lists the RAM
which it lists correctly

no error messages, it just stops

if i reboot it has always recovered and successfully started.
sometimes it takes a few boots

i ran memtest86 on each RAM stick separately and they passed.

cpuid shows all voltages are OK

Old September 28th 08, 07:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
André, PE1PQX[_2_]

Het is zò dat timO' formuleerde :
P5WD2E-PREMIUM BIOS-0604
D-805
XMS2-DHX-2X2G-DDR2-800 PC6400
XP PRO SP2
ENERMAX LIBERTY 500W
2XSE16WD2500KS 250G 7200 SATA

within the last month I've first upgraded to the above RAM and then
the power supply.
right after the power supply upgrade i began getting this problem
where BIOS halts during post right at the point where it lists the RAM
which it lists correctly

no error messages, it just stops

if i reboot it has always recovered and successfully started.
sometimes it takes a few boots

i ran memtest86 on each RAM stick separately and they passed.

cpuid shows all voltages are OK

Change the PSU back to the old one, and see if the POST halt occurs.
If so, the new PSU might be faulty.

Old September 28th 08, 09:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
timO'

On Sep 28, 2:55*pm, André, PE1PQX wrote:
Het is zò dat timO' formuleerde :

P5WD2E-PREMIUM BIOS-0604
D-805
XMS2-DHX-2X2G-DDR2-800 PC6400
XP PRO SP2
ENERMAX LIBERTY 500W
2XSE16WD2500KS 250G 7200 SATA

within the last month I've first upgraded to the above RAM and then
the power supply.
right after the power supply upgrade i began getting this problem
where BIOS halts during post right at the point where it lists the RAM
which it lists correctly

no error messages, it just stops

if i reboot it has always recovered and successfully started.
sometimes it takes a few boots

i ran memtest86 on each RAM stick separately and they passed.

cpuid shows all voltages are OK

Change the PSU back to the old one, and see if the POST halt occurs.
If so, the new PSU might be faulty.

Thankyou Mr. Spock. I'll take your recommendations under advisement.
Scotty: Can you give me Warp Factor 6 and full shields?
Old September 29th 08, 01:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
André, PE1PQX[_2_]

timO' bracht volgend idée uit :
[...]

Oops... my fault, had to be : "if NOT POST halt occurs with the old
PSU...."

Old October 31st 08, 12:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
timO'

On Sep 29, 8:13*am, André, PE1PQX wrote:
[...]

So I have been struggling with this problem, but not home enough to
really address it. I have arranged with ENERMAX for exchanging my PSU,
which I plan to do this week, but today I noticed something I had not
noticed before that might have a bearing on diagnosing my issue.
My PC stops about 30% of the time during POST. This morning was one of
thise times it halted. So I got out a piece of paper to write down
what was on the monitor, and by the time I finished taking down the
info, Windows started.