AIW 128 and MMC

Old December 22nd 03, 03:08 PM
moose

Default AIW 128 and MMC

I have an All-In-Wonder 128 w/64MB and right now I'm running MMC 7.1
on Windows 2000 Pro. The MMC software is a bit buggy, ie. fast-forward
and rewind buttons don't work. The ATI site implies that I can't use a
newer version of the MMC by directing me to version 7.1.

Question: Can I use a newer version of MMC? I've read that 7.6 was a
good revision.
Old December 22nd 03, 03:14 PM
Ar Q

"moose" wrote in message
m...
I have an All-In-Wonder 128 w/64MB and right now I'm running MMC 7.1
on Windows 2000 Pro. The MMC software is a bit buggy, ie. fast-forward
and rewind buttons don't work. The ATI site implies that I can't use a
newer version of the MMC by directing me to version 7.1.

Question: Can I use a newer version of MMC? I've read that 7.6 was a
good revision.

Nope, you can't. From AIW 128 Pro and up, ATI uses Theater chip for capture.
That is the current support to. AIW 128 uses three chips no longer
supported. It is just too old.

Old December 22nd 03, 05:02 PM
Kev

Nope, you can't. From AIW 128 Pro and up, ATI uses Theater chip for capture.
That is the current support to. AIW 128 uses three chips no longer
supported. It is just too old.

Actually, 32 meg versions of the AIW RAGE 128 use the Theatre chip. It's
not just limited to the AIW RAGE 128 PRO's. I've got one.

64mb? Rare sucker.
Old December 22nd 03, 06:44 PM
moose

"Ar Q" wrote in message link.net...

Nope, you can't. From AIW 128 Pro and up, ATI uses Theater chip for capture.
That is the current support to. AIW 128 uses three chips no longer
supported. It is just too old.

Oh. Then I must have the "Pro" model, because it has the Rage Theater chip.
Old December 22nd 03, 10:31 PM
D'n C

moose wrote:
I have an All-In-Wonder 128 w/64MB and right now I'm running MMC 7.1
on Windows 2000 Pro. The MMC software is a bit buggy, ie.
fast-forward and rewind buttons don't work. The ATI site implies
that I can't use a newer version of the MMC by directing me to
version 7.1.

Question: Can I use a newer version of MMC? I've read that 7.6 was a
good revision.

Two things. First, ATI never made an AIW 128 with 64 megs. They topped out
at 32 with 16meg versions also available. The main difference between the
two is the Pro is AGP 4x while the non pro is 2x. Both use the same Theater
chip for capturing with the exception of the original 16meg version of the
AIW128

Second, I know for a fact that you can use 7.7.01 with both the AIW128 and
the 128Pro with no problems with the possible exception of the orignal 16meg
AIW128, but even then 7.5 through 7.7.01 will usually work just fine. I'm
using 7.7.01 on my 32meg AIW 128 (non pro) and have been since that version
was released and I highly recommend it. I haven't tried any of the 8.x
versions on it yet, but it's possible that they might work as well.

D'n C

Old December 23rd 03, 11:22 AM
moose

"D'n C" wrote in message ...
Two things. First, ATI never made an AIW 128 with 64 megs. They topped out
at 32 with 16meg versions also available. The main difference between the
two is the Pro is AGP 4x while the non pro is 2x. Both use the same Theater
chip for capturing with the exception of the original 16meg version of the
AIW128

Second, I know for a fact that you can use 7.7.01 with both the AIW128 and
the 128Pro with no problems with the possible exception of the orignal 16meg
AIW128, but even then 7.5 through 7.7.01 will usually work just fine. I'm
using 7.7.01 on my 32meg AIW 128 (non pro) and have been since that version
was released and I highly recommend it. I haven't tried any of the 8.x
versions on it yet, but it's possible that they might work as well.

D'n C

Thanks D'n C. Sorry about the mix-up on the memory size. Indeed, I
have 32MB on the board. After reading your post, I did a quick search
and found 7.7.01 on an ATI mirror and immediately downloaded it and
the Windows Media Format CODECs. Can't wait to get home this afternoon
and try it out. Thanks again - and Happy Holidays.
-moose
Old December 23rd 03, 10:43 PM
D'n C

moose wrote:
"D'n C" wrote in message
[...]

If you have a 32meg version, then you are Golden my freind. You shouldn't
have any problems whatsoever.

D'n C

Old January 22nd 04, 09:48 PM
Shawn

Hi,

I've got the original ATI AIW128 16MB AGP2X with BT829 capture chip.
I wanted to use this as a PVR device and maybe do some VCD or DVD
burning. I don't want to upgrade cards because I like having the
option for VFW capture driver such as MS Netmeeting.

I got mixed results with ATI MMC 7.2 (mistakenly displays version 7.1
upon startup). This version doesn't support 48Khz audio, which I
understand to be required for DVD format.

Tried MMC 7.6 and 7.7 but they don't support my Brooktree capture
chip, so I can watch tv but can't record anything. The buttons are
greyed out. Don't have access to MMC 7.3 through 7.5 unless someone
can provide an ATI link for me.

Also, I will consider a quality open source PVR software, if ATI does
not have a suitable program for my card. Recommendations and advice
appreciated on this!

Shawn