Video Card

Old June 28th 03, 07:19 PM
nECrO

"S3Trio" *spam wrote in message
et...
Thanks, I received the card about 3 hours ago and installed it. On the

side
of the box it came in it said " 300 watt power supply required". The

seller
lists no requirements, the manufacturer lists 250 on their web site and

300
on the box they package it in. Go figure!

Thanks for your input, and wish me luck! I may need it!

S3.

"do_not_spam_me" wrote in message
om...
"S3Trio" *spam wrote in message

. net...

Hi, I just purchased a PNY GeForce4 MX440-se video card
I went to nVidia's site and looked up the some of the features
nVidia has a minimum requirement of a 250 watt power supply. I
have a Dell Dimension 4100 with a 200 Watt power supply. Any
one know if this card will work?

It probably will because Germany's C'T magazine found that an Athlon
XP 2400+ motherboard running an older, more power hungry GeForce Ti500
never needed even 200W. Also Dell power supplies are high quality and
can put out more power than most other brands of the same rating.
Many are made by Delta, which is comparable to Fortron (Source,
Powerman, Sparkle, Trend, Aopen) or the Truepower Antecs.

As an afterthought, I would like to add that I added Tiger Direct on my "Put
sensitive parts of my body into a meat grinder before doing business with
these people" list long ago. I see nothing has changed with them. their
prices and shipping costs are a joke and their support and return policies
are laughable. Consider it a lesson learned. Stay away from Tiger Direct. In
case you are interested I added links below for much more reputable online
vendors and as always check http://www.resellerratings.com before any
purchase.
nECrO
http://www.newegg.com
http://www.googlegear.com
http://www.accupc.com
http://www.directron.com

Old June 29th 03, 12:51 AM
Kanolsen

I have also in a later posting (waiting to see answers - posting
below) bumped into similar problems since I have a PIII IBM and dunno
the wattage on it and have now bought a graphicscard like below.
Q1: will the same wattage problem occurr for me? I have 1x40gb hdd, +
2x120Gb hdd+ hp8200 cd-burner. 1 nic, SB 128 soundcard.
Q2: read something somewhere that it does only support 4xAGP and
above. I have 2x will it not work?

POSTING:
I have a PIII450mhz IBM PL300 with 156ram and agp2X, I have bought a
dualscreen MSI GeForce4 MX440-8X 64MB DDR AGP, MX440-T8X, Tv-Out,
so I can have 2 monitors. The min specification say that I need a
650mhz, but I do not know why that should have anything to do with it
- shouldn't it take some of the load FROM the processor?

Can I still use it or should I return it?

Thanks for all help!

Kanolsen
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:45:36 GMT, "S3Trio"
*spam wrote:

Hi, I just purchased a PNY GeForce4 MX440-se video card from Tiger Direct.
No where on the specifications on Tiger Direct are their any mention of
minimum requirements. After I ordered the card I went to nVidia's site and
looked up the some of the features and warranty information. nVidia has a
minimum requirement of a 250 watt power supply. I have a Dell Dimension 4100
with a 200 Watt power supply. Any one know if this card will work? Will I
burn out my power supply? Any thing else I should know?

Thanks

S3.