AIW RADEON 7500 Increasing resolution on the TV and enabling video

Old December 16th 03, 08:27 PM
Ar Q

Default AIW RADEON 7500 Increasing resolution on the TV and enabling video

"zingale" wrote in message
I have an AIW Radeon 7500 and I've hooked it up to an RCA TV.

I want to be able to watch video files that are on the computer
and also video that's coming into the computer from a VCR.

I enabled TV out from the ATI display settings, but under
TV Properties it says that the maximum supported resolution is
1024x768 and the max suported refresh rate is 60Hz.

Of course this looks terrible. Is there any way I can increase the
resolution and refresh rate?

Also, though the TV shows anything on the computer monitor it doesn't show
any video. In other words, if I play a video file, I see the program
window that's playing it but not the actual video within that window.

When the tv gets the video input from the VCR or direct from a camcorder
the resolution is great.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

NTSC standard is 60 Hz/ frame (or 30Hz/ field), you can't change that. VCR
output is 330 x240 which matchs the TV's native input, so it look great. The
best you can do for this application is to set your graphic display at
640x480 and use large fonts.

Old December 16th 03, 08:31 PM
Amelia M. Samples

I have a similar setup. If you can do it, run S-video all the way thru -
800X600/60HZ as set in the ATI utils looks acceptable on a 27" screen. Of
course, NTSC video looks much better, since that's what the screen is made
for in the first place.

"Ar Q" wrote in message
nk.net...

Old December 17th 03, 10:49 PM
red

This is always an issue for people.
Basically your card is working as a scan converter for your TV. It doesn't
matter how good the scan converter, a TV will never be able to make computer
freqs. look good. Can't be done, live with what you can get. Someone
mentioned that lowering the resolution of the video card to 640x480 will
help a little bit, but you have to deal with that on your monitor as well.
Video on the other had will look great on your TV through the video card.
Mainly cause it has lots of motion and just works good. The reason your not
seeing it I think is because you may have the overlay setting turned off in
your ATI/Display settings. Play with those and see what happend.