usb filter

Old August 15th 06, 06:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jie

Default usb filter

hi guys, I have a problem with my usb flask disk. After I installed the
usb filter patch I could no longer used it, My pc wont detect my usb
anymore, it would light then goes out when plug on the usb port on my
motherboard.

Thanks
jie

Old August 15th 06, 07:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"jie" wrote:

hi guys, I have a problem with my usb flask disk. After I
installed the usb filter patch I could no longer used it, My pc
wont detect my usb anymore, it would light then goes out when plug
on the usb port on my motherboard.

Windows 95?

Thanks
jie

Old August 15th 06, 08:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"jie" wrote:

hi guys, I have a problem with my usb flask disk. After I
installed the usb filter patch I could no longer used it, My pc
wont detect my usb anymore, it would light then goes out when plug
on the usb port on my motherboard.

Nevermind my other reply, I just noticed you're using Windows 98.
Anyway, maybe it's time to upgrade to Windows XP.

If you want detailed information about Windows, there are lots of
groups that can help. The Microsoft groups might be a little more
hospitable than some of the alt groups.

That's for future reference, I'm not excluding the possibility you
might get all the help you need right here.

Good luck.

Thanks
jie

Old August 15th 06, 11:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
larry moe 'n curly

jie wrote:
I have a problem with my usb flask disk. After I installed the
usb filter patch I could no longer used it, My pc wont detect my usb
anymore, it would light then goes out when plug on the usb port on my
motherboard.

Would it help to unplug the USB flash disk, uninstall the driver for
it, reboot, and then reinstall its driver?

Old August 16th 06, 06:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jie

I'm using Windows xp pro, shuttle motherboard model AV40, Intel
processor 1.8 Ghz, 512 MB ram, nvidia 64 MB video card

Old August 16th 06, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

So you're posting from a different computer?

Just curious.

Old August 16th 06, 07:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

John Doe wrote

So you're posting from a different computer?

He's free to do that.

Just curious.

Dont forget what that did to the cat.

"jie" heintjie2k1 gmail.com wrote:

posting-account=W53Hiw0AAACR-osxC4eHQaEiwKrju0rI Xref: prodigy.net
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:473368

Old August 16th 06, 08:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Nym shifting tough guy wanna-be troll.

See also:

From: "Oscar Jones" oj ojqw.com
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardw are.pc-homebuilt
References: Xns980C686231CB2835A1B 127.0.0.1 mrcfc255utbgpqtisjh1ak50mmsin1o5s5 4ax.com 4ipsqfF4sfvmU1 individual.net kcf1d29gcscur1o38tvcmif6d5g6je1tfp 4ax.com 4jcao4F7c3rvU1 individual.net n50hd213euh0ffkl2q6o58ebjfncsccotv 4ax.com 4js6ccF87mvcU2 individual.net v5qid21k8nv990gat1je1asbldl96e94cp 4ax.com 4jt9l5F9k472U1 individual.net e9sjd2tn9b5klo3qmsb3mpcflk068vujqc 4ax.com 44da0113$0$96217$742ec2ed news.sonic.net
Subject: Correct angle for keyboard
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 05:38:55 +1000

From: "Rod Speed" rod.speed.aaa gmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt