FS: Proliant 5500r

Old May 6th 04, 04:46 PM
Dan

Default FS: Proliant 5500r

Ok, the perspective buyer backed out... so I've got a fully prepped 5500r.

Need a reliable server? (File server, Web server, FTP server...) These
systems just keep going, and going....
... I use one as an "on line backup storage" on my LAN. About ever month
or so, I fire it up, backup the data to it, and shut it down again. When the
power is off:
It can't get a virus.
It can't be hacked into.

and one CPU can easily keep up with a 100mb LAN connection -- and this
system has four!

Hot swappable drives, that are easy to find!
Replacement parts are cheap to find, if you should need them!

System has (or will have, or can start from...):
512 MB RAM (or more if you want it!)
6x 9GB drives (RAID)
4 CPU's ( or more... er, well, it can only support 4. BUT, you can
upgrade the system to a better CPU!!!)
CPU's are P-Pro, 200mhz. 512 cache
NIC (10/100)
Hot swappable power supply! (Dual capable)

I'll even leave the existing OS on it so you can see it working!
{Win 2K)

Proliant 5500 -- best offer. If an offer of $75 (or more is made, you can
pick it up now!

Need an extra drive bay? Need larger drives? Need lots of memory?

No, I'm not a business - just cleaning house.

Dan French
email: bios {underscore} hack {at} hotmail {dot } com
P.S. Located in North Seattle, just off 130th. If you are out of the area,
let me know shipping details and I'll get you a quote

Old May 6th 04, 07:55 PM
Larry

And we have additional RAM and some RAID cards available for this unit (if
required by a prospective buyer).

Larry

"Dan" . spamcop.net wrote
in message ...

Old May 6th 04, 10:26 PM
Dan

Now Larry:
*I've* have some additional RAM, Raid cards -- and, drive bays, Dual port
NIC's, 10/100 switches .... and more...
Wouldn't the buyer of a system to have to pay more for shipping then
necessary!

Dan French

Old May 7th 04, 01:05 AM
Larry

"Dan" . spamcop.net wrote
in message ...
Now Larry:
*I've* have some additional RAM, Raid cards -- and, drive bays, Dual

port
NIC's, 10/100 switches .... and more...
Wouldn't the buyer of a system to have to pay more for shipping then
necessary!

Dan French

Wasn't trying to *mooch* any business from you, and shipping is really not a
factor (I'm just a little North of you up by Mt. Vernon).

I just thought I'd mention that in case somebody needed RAID- I did not see
it mentioned in your list of 'ingrediants'.

Actually, I bet you've got a bigger pile of spares than I do :-)

Larry

Old May 7th 04, 08:20 AM
Dan

How big is your pile? :-)

Dan

Old May 7th 04, 03:18 PM
Larry

"Dan" . spamcop.net wrote
in message ...
How big is your pile? :-)

Dan

We upgraded our three 6500r Xeon servers to 4200 controllers, so we've got a
few 2DH, and 3200 controllers left over. Also got some sets of 50ns EDO RAM
that we pulled and replaced with 1 GIG kits.

Larry

Proliant 2500 how to configure array ? Kevin Childers Compaq Computers 0 December 21st 04 08:57 PM
FS: Proliant 5500r Dan Compaq Servers 0 May 1st 04 03:08 AM
FS: Qty. 11 Compaq Proliant Systems $1,500 - 3000, 4500, 5500's 444UNIX Compaq Computers 0 November 3rd 03 03:29 PM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM
Compaq Proliant 5500 won't power up Jim Balson Compaq Servers 6 September 19th 03 12:05 AM