FX5200 causing 3.3 Voltage to drop

Old January 22nd 04, 08:35 PM
Tal Fucus

Default FX5200 causing 3.3 Voltage to drop

Hi all,

I just installed a new Inno3D FX5200 128MB card, replacing an old GF2 MX400
one.
When I play 3D games (Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942...) the 3.3 Voltage
is getting low, and dropping bellow 3.0V
My system is Celeron 1700, ASUS MB with SiS chipsets.
I never had similar problem with the old GF2 MX400 card nor with GF4 MX440
one.
Any idea ?
What does it mean ?

Thanks,
Tal

Old January 22nd 04, 09:17 PM
DaveL

It could be a crappy power supply. I saw this same thing on an Abit system.
The power supply was bad causing the 3.3 volts to go low and the thing would
intermittently reboot and sometimes not boot up. A new power supply fixed
it.

Dave

Old January 22nd 04, 10:10 PM
Tal Fucus

"DaveL" wrote in message
It could be a crappy power supply. I saw this same thing on an Abit

system.
The power supply was bad causing the 3.3 volts to go low and the thing

would
intermittently reboot and sometimes not boot up. A new power supply fixed
it.

Dave

Thanks for the reply,
I suspect it is a power supply problem. The system does not reboot, but I do
get sometimes errors while booting.
Will leaving it as is effect the system in any way ?

Tal

Old January 23rd 04, 02:15 AM
Dark Avenger

"Tal Fucus" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I just installed a new Inno3D FX5200 128MB card, replacing an old GF2 MX400
one.
When I play 3D games (Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942...) the 3.3 Voltage
is getting low, and dropping bellow 3.0V
My system is Celeron 1700, ASUS MB with SiS chipsets.
I never had similar problem with the old GF2 MX400 card nor with GF4 MX440
one.
Any idea ?
What does it mean ?

Thanks,
Tal

Weak PSU?

Maybe your Power Supply Unit is dying!
Old January 23rd 04, 01:37 PM
Dark Avenger

"Tal Fucus" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just installed a new Inno3D FX5200 128MB card, replacing an old GF2

MX400
one.
When I play 3D games (Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942...) the 3.3

Voltage
is getting low, and dropping bellow 3.0V
My system is Celeron 1700, ASUS MB with SiS chipsets.
I never had similar problem with the old GF2 MX400 card nor with GF4

MX440
one.
Any idea ?
What does it mean ?

Thanks,
Tal

If it is your weak PSU, then within a few days it will "break" and an
energy spike will roast your motherboard, probably also your cpu and
maybe even your harddisks!
Old January 23rd 04, 09:22 PM
Tal Fucus

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...

"Tal Fucus" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just installed a new Inno3D FX5200 128MB card, replacing an old

GF2
MX400
one.
When I play 3D games (Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942...) the 3.3

Voltage
is getting low, and dropping bellow 3.0V
My system is Celeron 1700, ASUS MB with SiS chipsets.
I never had similar problem with the old GF2 MX400 card nor with GF4

MX440
one.
Any idea ?
What does it mean ?

Thanks,
Tal

If it is your weak PSU, then within a few days it will "break" and an
energy spike will roast your motherboard, probably also your cpu and
maybe even your harddisks!

:-)

Will it roast my screen and printer too ?

Tal

Old January 27th 04, 07:24 PM
Tal Fucus

Thanks to all the help.
Replaced the PSU with a good 400w one, and it lookes OK :-)

Tal

"Tal Fucus" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just installed a new Inno3D FX5200 128MB card, replacing an old GF2

MX400
one.
When I play 3D games (Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942...) the 3.3 Voltage
is getting low, and dropping bellow 3.0V
My system is Celeron 1700, ASUS MB with SiS chipsets.
I never had similar problem with the old GF2 MX400 card nor with GF4 MX440
one.
Any idea ?
What does it mean ?

Thanks,
Tal

P4G8X core voltage Paul Asus Motherboards 1 August 25th 04 12:32 PM
GA 7N400 Pro2 (rev2) and Vcore Voltage Level. hbsimon Gigabyte Motherboards 1 August 21st 04 12:44 PM
8KNXP O/C issues (AGP voltage and more) Squeeky Gigabyte Motherboards 8 June 20th 04 12:31 AM
Proposed System Thunder9 General 80 October 14th 03 02:50 PM
Voltage Problems with A7V133 Motherboard Richard Meyer-Eppler Asus Motherboards 0 August 1st 03 02:54 PM