Fan for Ti 4200

Old October 4th 03, 06:07 PM
Ross

Default Fan for Ti 4200

Hello all,
Looking for suggestions to replace a fan for my MSI Ti 4200 (after cleaning
my computer and firing it up I pinned down the fan as the squeaker...). I
want to replace it before it goes completely and would like something with
low decibels if possible (I have PC Power and cooling silent PSU and use
Panaflos in my case). Suggestions comment on those who have been using a
good one appreciated!

Ross

Old October 4th 03, 07:11 PM
Kevin Seal

In message , Ross
writes
Hello all,
Looking for suggestions to replace a fan for my MSI Ti 4200 (after cleaning
my computer and firing it up I pinned down the fan as the squeaker...). I
want to replace it before it goes completely and would like something with
low decibels if possible (I have PC Power and cooling silent PSU and use
Panaflos in my case). Suggestions comment on those who have been using a
good one appreciated!

Well, I've got an Abit Siluro Ti4200 OTES, and its fan sounds like a
kettle whistle! So I'm thinking about getting the Zalman ZM80C Heatsink
probably with the optional silent fan.
I sent an email to Zalman asking if it was compatible, but as yet no
reply.
--
Kevin Seal (at home)
Y2K Fazer
Old October 5th 03, 01:08 AM
)-()-(

Ross wrote:

Hello all,
Looking for suggestions to replace a fan for my MSI Ti 4200 (after cleaning
my computer and firing it up I pinned down the fan as the squeaker...). I
want to replace it before it goes completely and would like something with
low decibels if possible (I have PC Power and cooling silent PSU and use
Panaflos in my case). Suggestions comment on those who have been using a
good one appreciated!

Ross

A bent Zalman Bracket with a 5v 80mm Panaflo gives me a virtually silent 4200.
Maybe 7v if you overclock.