How do I get my NVIDIA system tray back in my Windows XP?

Old November 10th 08, 11:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

Default How do I get my NVIDIA system tray back in my Windows XP?

Hi.

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my
NVIDIA system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without
rebooting or logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View menu
- "Show Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work.

Thank you in advance.
--
"In every enemy that is an ant, behold an elephant." --Turkish
/\___/\
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or

Old November 12th 08, 05:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Dastardly Dan

"Ant" wrote in message
m...
Hi.

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my NVIDIA
system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without rebooting or
logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View menu - "Show
Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work.

Thank you in advance.

It's probably the Nvidia tray applet and something else that is loaded that
is causing explorer to crash for some reason. Sort that out and you won't
need to find a way to manually start it. Type msconfig in the run box and
disable/enable items under the startup tab one at a time until explorer
stops crashing. Then you will have the culprit. Unless it is being caused by
a hardware issue, like flaky ram.

Old November 12th 08, 05:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

On 11/12/2008 8:08 AM PT, Dastardly Dan typed:

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my
NVIDIA system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without
rebooting or logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View
menu - "Show Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work.

Thank you in advance.

It's probably the Nvidia tray applet and something else that is loaded
that is causing explorer to crash for some reason. Sort that out and you
won't need to find a way to manually start it. Type msconfig in the run
box and disable/enable items under the startup tab one at a time until
explorer stops crashing. Then you will have the culprit. Unless it is
being caused by a hardware issue, like flaky ram.

It is not from NVIDIA. I just want to reshow the icon. That's all.
--
"I don't believe in evil, I believe only in horror. In nature there is
no evil, only an abundance of horror: the plagues and the blights and

Old November 14th 08, 03:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

Does anyone know what process EXE file runs this system tray icon?

Ant wrote:
Hi.

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my
NVIDIA system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without
rebooting or logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View menu
- "Show Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work.

Thank you in advance.

--
"I go out of my way to avoid stepping on ants." --Terry McGovern,
daughter of Senator George and Eleanor McGovern, subject of the book
\ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
( )