Looking for suggestions on building a 'dream' computer

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 23rd 04, 01:54 PM
Brad

Default Looking for suggestions on building a 'dream' computer

For the computer knowledgable and savvy people.

Looking to get a new system and the company will be paying for it ( or most
of it) so im looking to put together an awesome system that could make me
the king of my block for awhile.....

.....so overkill is encouraged.

My current computer cost about $1000 a few years back, so if the 'dream'
system runs up to say $6000, i would like to know about. ( i know one can
assemble a system for $20 K so im trying to keep within reason )

Im asking if some of you hardware informed people may give me your 2 cents
on what I could shop for. Even if the component needs to be specially
ordered from the manufacturer because stores rarely carry it ( perhaps cause
its expensive or not in much demand), I still would like to hear about it. I
have a very good understanding of most components but not as in touch with
the highest-end performance parts

Im thinking something such as:

- Dual ( or even 4 ??) CPU MB
- fast cpu's to fill those multiple slots.
- 1 to 2 gigs ram
- the best gaming video card ( note that I want to support multiple
monitors..2 hopefully 3 and being able to video input cable tv at times)
- hard drive: running 4, 200gb drives in raid or something like that.. or
whatever gets the fastest speed

All ideas are welcome. thank you
Post thoughts here so others amy share in or email bwps (@) shaw.ca