Overclocking a p4 2.8C

Old October 8th 03, 09:24 PM
Yvo

Default Overclocking a p4 2.8C

I am building a whole new system from scratch. Now I have chosen for a p4
2.8 Ghz processor which I am planning to overclock to at least 3.2 Ghz,
maybe even further if the rest of my system lets me.

Further relevant specs:

ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
1 Gb GeIL PC 3200 Ultra series, dual channel
Zalman CNPS7000Cu CPU cooler

Do you think it is possible to reach 3.2 Ghz or higher with this
configuration? Anyone has experience with how far this GeIL PC3200 memory
overclocks?

Thx
Yvo

Old October 9th 03, 12:34 AM
Frank Weston

I have the same processor and motherboard. It runs very stably at 3.4 Ghz
(242 FSB) and a 4:5 memory divider, which should work just fine for your
PC3200 memory.

Old October 9th 03, 08:11 AM
uncooked meat prior to state vector collapse

I have the P4C800-EDlx w/P4 2.8C and Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu and generic memory
ATM, runs great at 3.2GHz at 1:1 timings.

Old October 12th 03, 08:13 AM
chas good

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:24:36 +0200, "Yvo"
wrote:

I am building a whole new system from scratch. Now I have chosen for a p4
2.8 Ghz processor which I am planning to overclock to at least 3.2 Ghz,
maybe even further if the rest of my system lets me.

Further relevant specs:

ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
1 Gb GeIL PC 3200 Ultra series, dual channel
Zalman CNPS7000Cu CPU cooler

Do you think it is possible to reach 3.2 Ghz or higher with this
configuration? Anyone has experience with how far this GeIL PC3200 memory
overclocks?

Thx
Yvo

I have my P4 2.4c running at 2.976 on a MSI board. Nothing is certain
with overclocking but the chances are you can get 3.2 out of the 2.8
May I suggest the copper aluminum Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu cooler. It
weighs much less and does just as good a job.

AMD overclocking and semperon 3100s [email protected] General 0 November 24th 04 12:02 PM
6800 Ultra overclocking - XFX? PNY? eVGA? BFG? Marc Brown General 2 September 29th 04 04:50 PM
Looking for some medium-to-extreme overclocking advice Cyde Weys General 4 July 2nd 04 04:03 AM
Overclocking Question Bogdan General 5 January 12th 04 02:38 PM
OverClocking Guides Phil Weldon Overclocking 0 August 15th 03 05:41 AM