increase performance? using 4 modules of 512MB 2225 1T ?

Old August 1st 03, 02:58 AM
ali yousefi

Default increase performance? using 4 modules of 512MB 2225 1T ?

HI:

I endup going with 4 of the 512MB of kingston Hyperx 2700 with
2-2-2-5 1T timing. I figured with two gigs, about half of gig will go for
the system files and the other 1.5gigs are for my applications. So, I only
rubbed myself out of half of gig of application memory. But, man what a
speed performer, that should make all the difference during rendering, I
figuered. What do you think.
thanks for all your help.

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
actually, just the opposite.

are you familiar with RAID ? the more spinles you have in your raid

volume,
the better your performance and lower general latency to access data at

any
particular point will be.

that is where the interleaving comes in....

NuTs

"ali yousefi" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
but doesn't that cause a slowdown since there are more memory modules
which have to search more spaces for the information stored on the

chips.

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
You might as well just get 3GB, since 2k workstation, or XP, will only

give
you 2GB for apps. That way you have 1GB for the OS, as 2GB for the OS

would
certainly not be useful. The more pieces of memory you have, the

better
the
interleaving, but your expandability goes away. So.. go with 6 512's,

and
you should get dual bank, 4way interleaving.

Unless you are using some *nix... if that is the case, i dont believe

it
has
the same memory limitations.

http://www.pricewatch.com

NuTs

"ali yousefi" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I have the iwill dp533 MB. it has room for 4 memory modules. I

want
them
unbuffered,
since they are abit faster and non-ECC since is not a server. It is

going
to be used as an
animation workstation. I like to be able to put 4GB of memory in
there(though you can put 4
2GB memory modules, which i don't have the money for!). I would

love
have 4 modules
of 1GB 2.5-2-2 (what is the last 2 for do you mean 2T?) But all i

have
seen
are 2.5-3-3 or
higher. If you let me know the site I would greatly appreciate your

help.

also some sites have 3-3-6-8 do you have any idea what the 4th digit

(8)
repersents. Also,
do you think if i put in 8 modules of 512MB 2-2-2 1T would be slower

than
the 4 modules of
2.5-2-2 2T since there are 8 modules to search for information on

the
memory
as oppose to
4 modules.

I thank you very much for your

help.
This
search is begining to make

me

bonkers........lol

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
what operating system will you be using?

Do you need buffered/Registered or unbuffered/non-registered? ECC?

how much money are you willing to spend?

I have seen a lot of 1GB PC2100 DIMM's... but I have not seen ANY
CL2-2-2-2.
There is CL2.5-2-2-2 everywhere.

NuTs

"ali yousefi" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
Hi:

Does anybody know if there are any manufacturer that makes

1GB
DDR266
cas2 2-2-2 timing. I am putting together a dual xeon system

that
has
room
for four memory modules and i want to put 4GB of memory. I know

you
can
have 512MB modules that are cas2 with 2-2-2 T1 timing, but i

need
more
memory than just 2GB. I would really appreciate any help.
thank you
if you could email me i really appreciate it:

Old August 1st 03, 12:07 PM
John McGaw

"ali yousefi" wrote in message
thlink.net...
HI:

I endup going with 4 of the 512MB of kingston Hyperx 2700 with
2-2-2-5 1T timing. I figured with two gigs, about half of gig will go

for
the system files and the other 1.5gigs are for my applications. So, I

only
rubbed myself out of half of gig of application memory. But, man what a
speed performer, that should make all the difference during rendering, I
figuered. What do you think.
thanks for all your help.

Hey, if you can afford it and it makes you happy, why not?
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
[...]