Which Card to use in which computer

Old September 13th 03, 08:52 PM
frizzle

Default Which Card to use in which computer

Hi,

I have 2 computers running XP. One is my recording studio computer that I
always try and have as high end as I can afford. The other is my home
computer that is more for fun (games, email, etc.) I have the Sapphire 7500
in my studio box running dual monitors. That system is all about efficiency
(more tracks/ and plugins, etc.; I run that at a lower video resolution for
better performance. The real draw on the video card is redraws while the CPU
is working hard. I have a ATI 9000 pro on the way that I plan on putting in
my home box. Would there be any performance advantages gained by putting the
9000 in my studio box? The studio box is a AMD2500+ Barton with 1gig of 2700
DDR memory and a Gigabyte MB with KT400 chipset, I believe it supports
AGP8x. The home box is a PIII1000mhz with 640 700mhz rambus ram, a Intel
vc820 MB, that I believe supports 2 or 4 x's AGP. I only use one monitor on
the home box. Currently I have a 32MB ATI rage fury in the home box. The
real question is, what video card should I put in which computer?

--

Frizzle