Update Asus Update?

Old April 10th 04, 10:46 PM
Mox 13

Default Update Asus Update?

I would like to try to use Asus Update to flash my BIOS due to some issues
with my floppy drive.

On the BIOS instructions it says that you must update Asus Live Update to
v5.22.02 or later in order to use it. I have not been able to find that
update on the Asus website. I have v5.19.01 on my MB CD. If I attempt to use
v5.19.01 will it update automatically?

Thanks
Mox

--
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P 4, 2.66GHz 533MHz

Old April 11th 04, 12:06 AM
Ian

Mox 13 wrote:
|| I would like to try to use Asus Update to flash my BIOS due to some
|| issues with my floppy drive.
|| On the BIOS instructions it says that you must update Asus Live
|| Update to v5.22.02 or later in order to use it. I have not been able
|| to find that update on the Asus website. I have v5.19.01 on my MB
|| CD. If I attempt to use v5.19.01 will it update automatically?
|| Could someone point me in the right direction?
|| Thanks
|| Mox
|| --
|| Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
|| P 4, 2.66GHz 533MHz
|| 2 x 256 Corsair XMS 3500
|| Asylum FX 5900 128MB
|| WD 60 GB Main Drive
|| Maxtor 160 GB Storage
|| Sony CD\RW
|| Unidyne CD\RW
|| Win XP Pro
|| 420 Watt PSU

I seem to remember when I used Asus update off the CD it told me there was a
newer version available and so I downloaded it. I now have version 5.25.01.
Although after some research I decided to flash using a bootable floppy and
not use Asus update.

Old April 11th 04, 12:28 AM
Atle

http://www.asus.com/support/download...01.zip~zaqwedc
Old April 11th 04, 08:54 AM
Mox 13

"Atle" wrote in message
Ian wrote:
Mox 13 wrote:
|| I would like to try to use Asus Update to flash my BIOS due to some
|| issues with my floppy drive.
|| On the BIOS instructions it says that you must update Asus Live
|| Update to v5.22.02 or later in order to use it. I have not been able
|| to find that update on the Asus website. I have v5.19.01 on my MB
|| CD. If I attempt to use v5.19.01 will it update automatically?
|| Could someone point me in the right direction?
|| Thanks
|| Mox
|| --
|| Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
|| P 4, 2.66GHz 533MHz
|| 2 x 256 Corsair XMS 3500
|| Asylum FX 5900 128MB
|| WD 60 GB Main Drive
|| Maxtor 160 GB Storage
|| Sony CD\RW
|| Unidyne CD\RW
|| Win XP Pro
|| 420 Watt PSU

I seem to remember when I used Asus update off the CD it told me there

was a
newer version available and so I downloaded it. I now have version

5.25.01.
Although after some research I decided to flash using a bootable floppy

and
not use Asus update.

http://www.asus.com/support/download...01.zip~zaqwedc

Thank you Atle. I got it, and it seemed to work well.
Mox