A7N8X Deluxe possible problem with Particular USB device.

Old July 22nd 03, 09:31 AM
Mark Pearce

Default A7N8X Deluxe possible problem with Particular USB device.

Hi,

I am trying to help out a friend who has a particularly annoying problem.

He has bought a new PC which has an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe system board in it.
When he tries to connect his camera, a Konica KD-400Z to any of the on board
USB ports he gets a message saying that the USB Device is Not Recognised,
and when checking under the Device Manager it shows as being unknown.

I have been working on trying to sort this out for a week or so now and in
doing so I have done all of the following.......

1. Tried plugging the camera into my PC, with ASUS A7V333 system Board -
Camera worked fine and was recognised.
2. As above in another PC with non ASUS system board with the same results
as 1.
3. Tried plugging my Cannon Camera into my friends PC with the A7N8X Deluxe
system Board - Camera was recognised OK.
4. Downloaded the latest Drivers from the ASUS site - Still Not Recognised
5. Re-Installed Windows XP Home with SP1 - Still Not Recognised
6. Installed Windows XP Professional with SP1 - Still Not Recognised

Has anyone got any ideas on what I could do next?

The results I've had above seem to not point at anything in particular as a
problem, i.e. The USB on the system board works fine when another device is
attached, The Konica Camera works fine when attached to a different PC, so
that to me rules out a hardware problem for either the system board or the
camera.....

Any help would be really appreciated.

Mark Pearce
MarkPearce @ dsl.pipex.com