Versions of Nero for sale

Old July 13th 04, 07:26 AM
Daniel Prince

Default Versions of Nero for sale

I have been looking at the ads for Nero 6.x on www.pricewatch.com and
there seem to be several different versions. There seems to be an oem
Express, an oem non-Express (I am not sure that this one exists), a
retail non-Ultra and a retail Ultra. It is hard to tell from some ads
which version they are selling.

How do these different versions compare? Which ones are capable of
doing dual layer recording?

I am somewhat of a power user and dislike wizards and simplified user
interfaces. Should I avoid the Express version? How can I be sure that
an oem is the non-Express version?

Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an
Old July 13th 04, 12:14 PM
Graham Mayor

It should not be possible to buy (legally) an OEM version of the software
separate from the hardware it is intended to partner. OEM versions of
software are drive specific and unlikely to work with other hardware. You
can download the latest version from Nero's web site and license it from
there. Current versions incorporate both Express and Non-Express modes and
are switchable between the two.

--

Graham Mayor

Old July 13th 04, 06:33 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
..

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...ngne@4ax .com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...baesystems.com