Video card for Asus CUSL2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 27th 04, 08:22 PM
Kamal

Default Video card for Asus CUSL2

I have a 2-year-old Asus CUSL2 motherboard with 1GHz Coppermine CPU
with 512MB PC133 Micron Memory. Here is the list to be accurate.

Asus CUSL2 Solano
Intel 1GHz Coppermine CPU
IBM Deskstar 75GXP 46.11GB HDD
Western Digital 80GB WD800JB
2 256MB Micron PC133 Memory
Sony DRU-510A 4X DVD Burner
Pioneer DVD-106S Slot DVD
Standard Floppy (Sony) 1.44MB
NEC 100MB Zip Drive

Now, I am a bit puzzled about the video card. The Asus motherboard has
an on-board 4MB video card, but I wanted to upgrade to something a bit
better. I am wondering if some one to clearly explain to me on what to
look for in a video card. I am not a gamer, so I am not worried about
high-price video card I must get. However, I am getting into video
editing and so I need a card that will help me make my life a bit
faster.

I know that this motherboard has a connector that can be installed so
the on-board video does not steal RAM memory from the system. However,
what I am puzzled about is that the motherboard has 1 x 32-bit AGP
Pro/AGP 4X slot. So would it matter for me on what kind of video card
I use?

I know that some people used 3dfx Voodoo3 and some used NVIDIA GeForce
256 SDR or AOpen PA 256 Deluxe Geforce2GTS, but no one has said
anything about the video card. Can some one explain this and maybe
recommend something for me? I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks..