Catalyst drivers?

Old December 7th 03, 09:21 PM
MheAd

Default Catalyst drivers?

Hi!

I've recently bought a Radeon 9600XT by Sapphire.
I'm just wondering what driver version is supposed to be most stable at the
moment? I'm aware of the fact that the latest drivers are not always the
best, but since I'm new to ATI-based cards, I'm not familiar with all these
Catalyst releases.

Thanks in advance!
MheAd\

Old December 7th 03, 09:28 PM
Ben Pope

MheAd wrote:
Hi!

I've recently bought a Radeon 9600XT by Sapphire.
I'm just wondering what driver version is supposed to be most stable at
the moment? I'm aware of the fact that the latest drivers are not always
the best, but since I'm new to ATI-based cards, I'm not familiar with all
these Catalyst releases.

As a general rule of thumb, for the majority of cases, the latest is going
to be the best. In terms of performance, there is practically nothing to
choose between all the Cats 3.5-3.9s

Recommend you install the latest unless you are experiencing a particular
problem that you know can be resolved with a prior version.

Ben

Old December 7th 03, 09:51 PM
Inglo

On 12/7/2003 12:21 PM MheAd befouled our nation with:

Hi!

I've recently bought a Radeon 9600XT by Sapphire.
I'm just wondering what driver version is supposed to be most stable at the
moment? I'm aware of the fact that the latest drivers are not always the
best, but since I'm new to ATI-based cards, I'm not familiar with all these
Catalyst releases.

Thanks in advance!
MheAd\

If you happen to be playing Call of Duty:
http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4291.html

--
Now collecting Mexican wrestler masks,

Steve [Inglo]
Old December 8th 03, 08:10 PM
Nick Dalton

I'd say 3.7's seem to be generally regarded as the best/most stable

8)

"James Riske" james_riske@mail15_dot_com wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:21:38 +0100, "MheAd"
wrote:

Hi!

I've recently bought a Radeon 9600XT by Sapphire.
I'm just wondering what driver version is supposed to be most stable at

the
moment? I'm aware of the fact that the latest drivers are not always the
best, but since I'm new to ATI-based cards, I'm not familiar with all

these
Catalyst releases.

Thanks in advance!
MheAd\

Catalyst 3.9

"Faggots put things into their mouths that I wouldn't touch with a ten

foot pole." -- A.T. Tapman