Connectivity issues

Old December 24th 07, 11:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Barney Rubble[_2_]

Default Connectivity issues

I am using an HP Pavillion laptop (Model DV9310ca) connected to an HP
laserjet 1600 using a usb connection.

What happens is when I close the lid on my laptop, and then sometime later
resume, the printer is always back offline. The only way I can print is to
re-boot.

Another issue, perhaps related, but not about printers, is that I have an
external harddrive which i have shared to other users in my network. Again,
each time I re-open my laptop, the share has disappeared.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Abe

Old December 25th 07, 01:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
angelo Campanella

Barney Rubble wrote:

I am using an HP Pavillion laptop (Model DV9310ca) connected to an HP
laserjet 1600 using a usb connection.
What happens is when I close the lid on my laptop, and then sometime later
resume, the printer is always back offline. The only way I can print is to
re-boot.
Another issue, perhaps related, but not about printers, is that I have an
external harddrive which i have shared to other users in my network. Again,
each time I re-open my laptop, the share has disappeared.

If the laptop Snoozes when the id is clsed, you might expect it to
resume the printter, too, when the lid is reopened. If it hibernates,
then something else may happen. Sor that out first. Mt T43 Thinlpad
always creates moretrouble resuming from hibernation that it does
resuming feom snooze.

You might try stopping ans re-starting the print spooler via Control Panel.

Angelo Campanella