Benefits of AHCI ?

Old August 27th 06, 09:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Synapse Syndrome

Default Benefits of AHCI ?

I guess I can't use it anyway, with my RAID0 Raptors, but what does it do,
anyway?

ss.

Old August 27th 06, 10:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHCI

Old August 27th 06, 11:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Synapse Syndrome

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Synapse Syndrome wrote:

I guess I can't use it anyway, with my RAID0 Raptors, but what does it
do, anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHCI

Yeah. I looked there before, and I read the Intel blurb, but I still didn't
know the benefits; and I guess you don't know either.

ss.

Old August 28th 06, 12:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

Synapse Syndrome wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Synapse Syndrome wrote

I guess I can't use it anyway, with my RAID0 Raptors, but what does it do,
anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHCI

Yeah. I looked there before, and I read the Intel blurb, but I still didn't
know the benefits;

Presumably you actually are that thick then.

and I guess you don't know either.

Guess again.

It basically specifys the register level detail, as the Intel documentation
says.

Old August 28th 06, 01:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Synapse Syndrome

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Synapse Syndrome wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Synapse Syndrome wrote

I guess I can't use it anyway, with my RAID0 Raptors, but what does it
do, anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHCI

Yeah. I looked there before, and I read the Intel blurb, but I still
didn't know the benefits;

Presumably you actually are that thick then.

and I guess you don't know either.

Guess again.

It basically specifys the register level detail, as the Intel
documentation says.

Er, right, okay. Thanks for clearing that one up so expertly...

ss.

Old August 28th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Synapse Syndrome wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Synapse Syndrome wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Synapse Syndrome wrote

I guess I can't use it anyway, with my RAID0 Raptors, but what does it
do, anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHCI

Yeah. I looked there before, and I read the Intel blurb, but I still
didn't know the benefits;

Presumably you actually are that thick then.

and I guess you don't know either.

Guess again.

It basically specifys the register level detail, as the Intel
documentation says.

Er, right, okay. Thanks for clearing that one up so expertly...

ss.

Ignore Rod, he thinks he knows more that he actually does.

Old August 28th 06, 02:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

wrote:
Synapse Syndrome wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Synapse Syndrome wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Synapse Syndrome wrote

I guess I can't use it anyway, with my RAID0 Raptors, but what
does it do, anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHCI

Yeah. I looked there before, and I read the Intel blurb, but I
still didn't know the benefits;

Presumably you actually are that thick then.

and I guess you don't know either.

Guess again.

It basically specifys the register level detail, as the Intel
documentation says.

Er, right, okay. Thanks for clearing that one up so expertly...

ss.

Ignore Rod, he thinks he knows more that he actually does.

This from the pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist that couldnt
even manage to work out that one poster just had a problem
with SATA mode compat and that it wasnt a dead drive.

Old August 28th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Synapse Syndrome

wrote in message
ups.com...

Synapse Syndrome wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Synapse Syndrome wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Synapse Syndrome wrote

I guess I can't use it anyway, with my RAID0 Raptors, but what does
it
do, anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHCI

Yeah. I looked there before, and I read the Intel blurb, but I still
didn't know the benefits;

Presumably you actually are that thick then.

and I guess you don't know either.

Guess again.

It basically specifys the register level detail, as the Intel
documentation says.

Er, right, okay. Thanks for clearing that one up so expertly...

ss.

Ignore Rod, he thinks he knows more that he actually does.

Yeah, I've noticed.

ss.

Old August 28th 06, 05:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Synapse Syndrome wrote:
I guess I can't use it anyway, with my RAID0 Raptors, but what does it do,
anyway?

ss.

It's the standard for Serial ATA devices.

The avdantage:

http://www.intel.com/technology/seri...pdf/rev1_1.pdf

"1.7 Theory of Operation
AHCI takes the basics of the scatter/gather list concept of Bus Master
IDE, and expand it to reduce CPU/software overhead and provide support
for Serial ATA features such as hot plug, power management, and
accessing of several devices without performing master/slave
emulation."

In a nutshell, supports new features, and reduces the CPU overhead.