$mft problem anyone?

Old July 12th 15, 09:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,uk.comp.homebuild
40%

Default $mft problem anyone?

once again

ITS YOUR POWER SUPPLY

"leia176" wrote in message ...

Does anyone know what's going on here? Please! Any ideas are appreciated!

I had:
Winxp updated to latest
ABIT iT7 Max2 Ver 2.
1gb Crucial ram
2.4 gh intel
Ati radeon 8500
Soundblaster audigy 2
2 ide drives
2 sata drives

I started getting "$MFT" errors (master file table?) first on one of my sata
drives. Occasionally other drives. The sata port went out completely.
Everytime this would happen I'd reboot and windows would go through this
whole scan disk type thing recovering orphaned files.

At first I thought the drive was bad, and then the port was bad, but it was
happening on all my drives!

Since that board definitely had a bad port I went for an:

Win XP updated to latest
ASUS P4p800 deluxe
used an old ati rage videocard just for installing
no sound yet
2 ide drives
2 sata drives

SAME THING IS HAPPENING! I even lost data on one of the sata drives I
transferred over.

Are all my drives going bad at once? They are all pretty new..within a year
old.

Could this possibly be a ram or cpu problem?

Old July 13th 15, 02:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,uk.comp.homebuild
Bill[_36_]

40% wrote:
once again

ITS YOUR POWER SUPPLY

"leia176" wrote in message ...

[...]

You don't mention whether you are running in a RAID configuration. If
so, that would seems to up the complexity of the problem
considerably--or reduce it, depending on your point of view.
Old July 13th 15, 04:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,uk.comp.homebuild
Paul

Bill wrote:
40% wrote:
once again

ITS YOUR POWER SUPPLY

You don't mention whether you are running in a RAID configuration. If
so, that would seems to up the complexity of the problem
considerably--or reduce it, depending on your point of view.

I could be mistaken, but I think this thread
originally started in the year 2004. Eleven years
is a long time to be discussing this. The OP is
probably covered in cobwebs.

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi...comcast.com%3E

Paul
Old July 13th 15, 01:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,uk.comp.homebuild
SC Tom

"Paul" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
40% wrote:
once again

ITS YOUR POWER SUPPLY

You don't mention whether you are running in a RAID configuration. If
so, that would seems to up the complexity of the problem considerably--or
reduce it, depending on your point of view.

I could be mistaken, but I think this thread
originally started in the year 2004. Eleven years
is a long time to be discussing this. The OP is
probably covered in cobwebs.

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi...comcast.com%3E

Paul

Maybe not the OP, but his PC probably is :-)
--
SC Tom