Which Operating System to Order

Old February 21st 05, 04:35 PM
Andy

Default Which Operating System to Order

Hi all I hope some of you here can help...I am getting ready to order a
new pc through my company. I can save about five hundred dollars it
looks to me. Comparing apples to apples that is what I come up with.
At any rate Im confused as to which operating system I want. First of
all I don't need xp professional at all. I am choosing between XP home
edition and the Multimedia edition. I am going to order the XPS Gen 4
gaming machine, even though I am not a gamer at all, simply because of
my saving I actually do better with that machine than the 8400 models
and also because it looks much more expandable to me..Also I am trying
to choose which monitor I want between the 2005fwp and the 2001fp I
know they are both fine monitors but the widescreen would probably fit
on my desk better as the height is actually a little lower at its
lowest point. Im just wondering if the monitor will be fine for doing
the interntet, spreadsheets, word processing or if its specifically
built for multimedia. My wife and I intend on doing mostly internet,
word processing, spreadsheets, and getting more into digital
photography, and home movies and the like, and Im also wondering if I
want the dual tv tuner with the system since in my case its only a 33
dollar upgrade. And can you watch tv just hooking up the cable to the
tv tuner card or do you have to have a set top box.. I know the dual
tuner is to make it possible to watch one program and record another
and all that stuff but Im really not interested in all that on the
computer I have home entertainment stuff that takes care of all that
stuff. Well thank you all so so much for listening to all of my
questions...Thank you very much in Advance. Oh one last question. I
see that Dell offers the Deluxe Record now and also the Deluxe Dvd
Recording software, is that software ok or is better to just get a full
blown version of Roxio 7. I have seen many posts on here about what
software one gets with a system. Whether you get the cds, dvds, or
just the software preloaded, maybe someone can answer that question. I
will say one thing I know for sure as I talked to a salesperson at dell
and he said that definitely if you are interested in the Basic
Microsoft Office program that you definitely do not get the Software
only preloaded so that makes that one a no brainer...Im just wondering
what software you recieve with your system and what software you
don't...Once again thanks in advance...Andy