A7N8X-E Dlx killed ny "Agressive"

Old February 20th 04, 06:22 PM
Tony

Default A7N8X-E Dlx killed ny "Agressive"

System was working OK. Tried using "Agressive" settings. On first
boot got "system failed due to system over-clocking". Then nothing on
reboot after that. Tried "Clear RTC RAM" procedure and still nothing -
no monitor, no beeps - Nothing. Any suggestions!!
Old February 20th 04, 07:56 PM
Kent_Diego

.... Tried "Clear RTC RAM" procedure and still nothing -
Is that the same as clearing the CMOS settings by moving the jumper at CMOS
battery?

-Kent

Old February 20th 04, 08:04 PM
Doug

Dealing with similar problems, I've found that the machine sometimes needs
to be without power for a good minute or two to clear all memory. Meaning I
shut off the power at the rear switch, pull out the cmos battery, walk away
for a few minutes, then try again. Maybe I'm imagining things, but the cmos
seems to hold its memory for at least a few seconds even with the battery
out. And pressing the reset switch, well, it probably works most of the
time, but not all of the time...

Doug

om...

Old February 20th 04, 09:37 PM
Apollo

"Doug" wrote in message
. com...
Dealing with similar problems, I've found that the machine sometimes needs
to be without power for a good minute or two to clear all memory. Meaning

shut off the power at the rear switch, pull out the cmos battery, walk

away
for a few minutes, then try again. Maybe I'm imagining things, but the

cmos
seems to hold its memory for at least a few seconds even with the battery
out. And pressing the reset switch, well, it probably works most of the
time, but not all of the time...

I do;
1) unplug from mains.
2) press the power on button on the pc, this clears the power stored in the
psu.
2) move jumper over for a few seconds and put it back again.
3) plug in and power up.
4) if this doesn't work switch off, hold down the insert key, keeping it
held down power up the pc, this has been known to reset the bios to 'safe'
settings and allow you to boot into the bios and load your optimal defaults.

It's really important to disconnect from the mains and clear the power, if
you don't you won't have much chance as the caps in the psu will continue
feeding the cmos as you're trying to clear it.

--
Ian

Old February 20th 04, 09:59 PM
aero

Had the same thing happen on my a7n8x-x.
Just pull the battery and jump the pins on clrtc1 to pins 2&3 for a few
secs then put back on pins 1&2 to clear cmos.
Put the battery back and boot the pc.

No my 2500+ barton is overclocked to 3200+ with a fsb of 200 with ddr 3200
400mhzs memory.

Hope this helps

Aero

Old February 21st 04, 03:22 AM
Tony

Actually left the CMOS reset while I was at work.

Thanks for the suggestions, removed both memory sticks and the "voice"
came back indicating a memory problem. Put 1 in NG. Swapped for the
other and it booted. Put the 1st in another slot and it works with 2.
Maybe a marginal memory stick.. Thanks again