GEForce4 MMX 440 AGP8X

Old February 3rd 04, 12:24 PM
philo

Default GEForce4 MMX 440 AGP8X

I recently noticed that after I reboot, my resolution has changed from
1152x864 (32bit) 85Hz to 1152x864 (32bit) 85Hz 60Hz.
My card has the GEForce4 MMX 440 AGP8X chip set, 64MB, BIOS V.
4.18.20.21.15.
My driver is NVidia 10/6/03 V5.2.1.6

I'm running WinXP Pro SP1.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Old February 3rd 04, 08:08 PM
SleeperMan

typed:

I recently noticed that after I reboot, my resolution has changed from
1152x864 (32bit) 85Hz to 1152x864 (32bit) 85Hz 60Hz.
My card has the GEForce4 MMX 440 AGP8X chip set, 64MB, BIOS V.
4.18.20.21.15.
My driver is NVidia 10/6/03 V5.2.1.6

I'm running WinXP Pro SP1.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hmmmm...change refresh rate back to 85Hz?

Old February 4th 04, 03:03 PM
SleeperMan

typed:

Of course I reset the frequency to 85, but after a reboot it reverts
to 60.

That's funny. Did you tried reinstalling video drivers? It may help. Or
check out if monitor isn't changed - i don't know which one do youhave
(normally plug an dplay monitor). If some unknown or none is selected, it
can prevent too high refresh rate.

Old February 6th 04, 11:23 AM
eblaster

Monitor is PNP, refresh rate is not too high, been using it for several
years, I think I must've installed something recently that's upsetthe apple
cart. It'd been running at 85 for quite some time. Yup, just installed
latest nvidia drivers as well. I know XP will let me revert to the previous
drivers for the video card, I don't suppose it'll allow me to revert back
two versions?

Thanks

Old February 6th 04, 02:49 PM
SleeperMan

typed:

Monitor is PNP, refresh rate is not too high, been using it for
several years, I think I must've installed something recently that's
upsetthe apple cart. It'd been running at 85 for quite some time.
Yup, just installed latest nvidia drivers as well. I know XP will
let me revert to the previous drivers for the video card, I don't
suppose it'll allow me to revert back two versions?

I have bad experiences with system restore and similar. Maybe driver
rollback will work better. But i doubt it would go two versions back. If
not, try set card to standard VGA card, restart PC, remove Nvidia drivers,
restart again, install drivers again, restart.

Thanks