New Theory: iComputers.nl delivered bad parts.

Old August 6th 08, 04:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default New Theory: iComputers.nl delivered bad parts.

Ok,

The last theory concerning my computer is:

iComputers.nl delivered bad parts.

That bussiness went out of bussiness.

I don't know why....

But so far... two parts of that shop have failed...

I don't really believe the parts were intentionally bad... but it is a
possibility which must be kept in mind

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 6th 08, 04:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Cub[_2_]

On 6 Aug, 16:01, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Ok,

The last theory concerning my computer is:

iComputers.nl delivered bad parts.

That bussiness went out of bussiness.

I don't know why....

But so far... two parts of that shop have failed...

I don't really believe the parts were intentionally bad... but it is a
possibility which must be kept in mind

Bye,
* Skybuck.

Skymuk

You are either very clever or very retarded maybe a bit of both.

I told you that handling you PC components without consideration of
ESD could lead to failure. I think you said "they deserve to die" or
some such crap.

I guess the company that have gone bust are telling you that to save
themselves hours of PAIN dealing with you.

Cub

Old August 6th 08, 04:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Those parts on the table are working just fine until proven they not working
just fine.

I suspect the power supply is bad.

I make this conclusion based on:

APM Configuration items missing in the bios.
Voltages settings missing in graphics cards monitor.

Random crashes, freezes during boot and even memtest.
Slightly lower voltages than other power supply in review.

Same symptons with other RMA-ed motherboard which by the way is from
iComputers as well.
The other one is from alternate.nl.

All memory removed except one memory bar... symptons remains... so probably
not memory.
One graphics card removed symptoms remain.
X-FI removed symptons remain.

Conclusions:

3 out 4 memory sticks cannot be the cause of it.
1 out of 2 graphics card cannot be the cause of it.
1 out 2 sound options cannot be the cause of it (x-fi vs onboard audio).
2 out of 2 motherboards show same symptoms which is highly unlikely.

That leaves cpu, and power supply.

Me hopes cpu not bad cause I am gonna go crazy if it's bad

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 6th 08, 04:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
spodosaurus

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Ok,

The last theory concerning my computer is:

iComputers.nl delivered bad parts.

That bussiness went out of bussiness.

I don't know why....

But so far... two parts of that shop have failed...

I don't really believe the parts were intentionally bad... but it is a
possibility which must be kept in mind

Bye,
Skybuck.

YOU are the problem, always have been, always will be.
Old August 6th 08, 04:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Cub[_2_]

On 6 Aug, 16:47, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
[...]

Skybuck

Any components either those on the table or one's that have failed
need to be looked after with regards to ESD.

Your theories are based on nothing more than what you think is or
should be correct.

do you really think your PSU is faulty based on :

APM Configuration items missing in the bios.
Voltages settings missing in graphics cards monitor.

Keeping it simple, a PC could have a flakey PSU , but if you can get
to a point where the PC has booted it is very unlikley that a
singnificant/critical supply is totally missing re your graphics card
monitor.

As for the APM config missing check out

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

Cub

Old August 6th 08, 05:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Cub[_2_]

[...]

One other area for you to chew over , I think you hinted that you had
installed XP 64bit , take a step back and get a hold of XP 32bit SP2

make sure all your drivers are the latest and not a BETA version. your
issues are more likely to be driver related

Also you talk about 3 memory sticks removed what about the 4th have
you swapped it with one thats been proved to not to be the cause ,
same question for the graphics card..

Another area , is the memory certified to work in your mobo , I had
some that would not give me a reliable system because it was "too
fast" ie memory timings upset the mobo. this was a memory type that
could be overclocked and had to be manually configured in the bios for
optimum performance. plug it in with default memory timings was not an
option.

Cub

Old August 6th 08, 11:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Thank you for your bios tip, it worked !

options ?! (How strange ?!)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 6th 08, 11:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Thank you for suggesting to switch the memory chip with another memory chip.

I lost hope so I didn't try it... I didn't wanna risk any more damage.

But tonight I was thinking things over and decided to try it...

And so far the other memory chip seems to work ok.

I am not yet sure if it will remain stable so fingers crossed

Now all I need to do is find another memory chip for 2 GB of ram and then me
pretty content.

Ofcourse shame of the bad memory chip which was probably destroyed by
plastic tape... see other threads about that.. me feel so stupid

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 7th 08, 12:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
2CA001

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Thank you for your bios tip, it worked !

options ?! (How strange ?!)

Not strange at all. It sounds like you screwed about with some setting
in the BIOS without understanding the consequences of your actions!!
The 'default settings' option is in the BIOS menu especially to get
people like you out of trouble!
Old August 7th 08, 06:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Craig Sutton

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
.home.nl...
Thank you for suggesting to switch the memory chip with another memory
chip.

Moronbuck??

What did I tell you about testing the ram using memtest?

Corsair has a 5 year warrenty usually.