7vaxp ultra and sata seagate 120gb

Old December 9th 03, 11:07 AM
Dimitris

Default 7vaxp ultra and sata seagate 120gb

Guys who have made these two to work with the onboard
controller(sil3112) please let me know what you did and your computer
configuration/synthesis.

The seagate drive is ST3120026AS and its date 7/11/2003. It works
perfectly with a PCI sil3112 controller but has problems in reading
data with the onboard controller. So i guess something is bad with the
controller or the motherboard or something else.

I have heard others with asus mainboard to have data corruption
problems with the onboard silicon image controller, which were
corrected via bios updates.

Perhaps this reading problem can be solved with a bios update?Who
knows, Gigabyte support department isnt the best around.Gigabyte=Great
hardware, Very good price, but bad support. Two weeks and they havent
answered yet.

So if someone is working successfully with the onboard sata controller
of the 7vaxp ultra, please be kind enought tell me about.

Thanks in advance.
Old December 9th 03, 01:32 PM
henny

We went through the standard setup drill for SIL3112..
Made the array
fdisk
format (we use FAT32)
set second boot device =SCSI SATA
Disabled other controllers.(PATA).
unplugged EIDE drives
Loaded in XP giving it the drivers at F6 time.
Works very well.
HG

m...

Old December 9th 03, 09:44 PM
Dimitris

"henny" wrote in message news:X9kBb.346573$ao4.1160908@attbi_s51...
We went through the standard setup drill for SIL3112..
Made the array
fdisk
format (we use FAT32)
set second boot device =SCSI SATA
Disabled other controllers.(PATA).
unplugged EIDE drives
Loaded in XP giving it the drivers at F6 time.
Works very well.
HG

"Dimitris" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Did you use Seagate Hard drives?If yes which model exactly? If no what
brand of hard drives did you use?
Old December 9th 03, 10:08 PM
Dimitris

"henny" wrote in message news:X9kBb.346573$ao4.1160908@attbi_s51...
We went through the standard setup drill for SIL3112..
Made the array
fdisk
format (we use FAT32)
set second boot device =SCSI SATA
Disabled other controllers.(PATA).
unplugged EIDE drives
Loaded in XP giving it the drivers at F6 time.
Works very well.
HG

Also did you use 7VAXP ULTRA or 7VAXP-A ULTRA? Or another motherboard?

Old December 10th 03, 09:46 AM
Dimitris

"jpsga" wrote in message news:ymuBb.70830$_M.353163@attbi_s54...
We use a pair WD Raptors on a GA-7N400 pro2.
JPS

What is the bios version of the onboard sil3112 controller?