7NNXP PCI Slots:Can't run audio cards??

Old October 13th 03, 08:56 PM
Elden J Montagne

Default 7NNXP PCI Slots:Can't run audio cards??

I need some education, I think.

7NNXP has 5 PCI slots. I need to use any 2 for
high-end audio recording cards (M-audio 1010LT).
I do not need any other PCI cards.
BUT: The many onboard peripherals share these slots,
and I can't get any unshared IRQ's on even 2 PCI slots!

What am I missing? I can reassign IRQ's used by each
slot, but how the heck can I move an onboard peripheral
like network or USB to some OTHER available IRQ??

I could run either ACPI mode or 'Standard PC' (current
setup) with WinXP. I found the "AltF1 that gives
me more IRQ reassignments.

But how the heck can I get 1 or 2 PCI slots with no other
devices sharing interrupts??

THANKS! I've spend days and GooGleTime on this...

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

Old October 14th 03, 01:59 AM
Amir Facade

What OS are you running. If you are running windows you should not have any
problems with shared IRQs. I have a couple of IRQs with 4 devices and also a
couple with 2 devices, and everything works fine. Even at the same time.
Have you actually tried the devices.
I'm running a dual boot system, 98SE and XP, and everything works fine in
both OSs. I didn't have to set-up anything special, just install them.

"Elden J Montagne" wrote in message
.. .
: I need some education, I think.
:
[...]
: --

Old October 14th 03, 02:24 PM
Terry King

What OS are you running. If you are running windows you should not have any
problems with shared IRQs. I have a couple of IRQs with 4 devices and also a
couple with 2 devices, and everything works fine.

I am running XP Pro but have dual boot, to 98SE also.

M-Audio strongly recommends that no interrupts be shared with the 1010LT
cards, which are moving a LOT of data when playing 8 channels of audio at
24 bits and 96 KHz sample rate.

I had a card sharing an interrupt with the network controller; every time
I did a network action the audio got clips and pops.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated! I'm about 2 days
away from a recording session live at a local club!

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

The one who Dies With The Most Parts LOSES!! What do you need?

Old October 14th 03, 11:30 PM
Terry King

which network controller, the gig or 100?
The Intel Gigabit (running at 100). I have heard the
RealTek has been a problem for some on this MB.
But REAL problem is how to 'move' any of these
'sharing' onboard peripherals off a PCI slot or two...

Anybody really used the "Advanced BIOS" for interrupt
reassignment or slot assignment?? ANy pointers to information.
The manual says nothing except "press ctrlF1 ".