IBM T41p external display resolution -- answer and question

Old April 12th 04, 05:04 PM
dshoe

Default IBM T41p external display resolution -- answer and question

I previously posted a question on the T41p maximum resolution for a
digital display. I have a recipe (below) for getting what I want --
native 1400x1024 on the laptop simultaneously with 1600x1200 on the
external screen. However, I must reload the driver for the desired
mode and reboot for each change of configuration. Any ideas on how to
avoid this evidently unnecessary step?

However, one question is answered: This Radeon 9000 chipset has enough
memory to handle this resolution on two displays.

thanks in advance for any advice

David

=========================

Recipe for simultaneous 1400x1050 and 1600x1200

Using tools and techniques (e.g.,
http://notebookforums.com/archive/index.php/t-3403 tenth post) modify
the latest ATI drivers to run on the laptop

With the stock IBM display driver running, and the remote display
attached, set the external display to be 1600x1200, extension of the
windows screen

load the modified ATI drivers

reboot the machine; both displays should be operating at the desired
resolution

don't change the display setting -- it will appear as 640x480 for the
internal display, but changing it will cause the internal display to
only allow 1280x1024 resolution

undocking the laptop, or rebooting, or otherwise chaning its state
will cause this fallback to 1200x1024.

To return to the previous state, just reinstall the stock IBM drivers.

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 10:49 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
How to create a desktop larger than display resolution? David Curtis Ati Videocards 1 February 7th 04 07:49 PM
IBM T41 Radeon 9000 external digital display resolution dshoe Ati Videocards 1 February 5th 04 09:26 PM
CATALYST™ Release Notes Version 3.8 Pluvious Ati Videocards 17 October 12th 03 03:40 PM