Realtek ALC658 and EAX support

Old January 19th 04, 03:14 PM
Orhan

Default Realtek ALC658 and EAX support

Is EAX supported by GA-8KNXP's onboard sound (Realtek ALC658)? Is
there a need to install the EAX drivers separately? Where can I find
them?

Thanks for any help.

Orhan
Old January 19th 04, 03:43 PM
Barry Walsh

Orhan wrote:
Is EAX supported by GA-8KNXP's onboard sound (Realtek ALC658)? Is
there a need to install the EAX drivers separately? Where can I find
them?

Thanks for any help.

Orhan

Latest drivers are 3.54 dated the 16/1/04 from www.realtek.com.tw and
they do support EAX.
Old January 19th 04, 09:33 PM
Tubby Canadian

Its on the Realtek site
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
but not yet posted on the Gigabyte site.
(note that the drivers and the media rack are separate downloads)

om...

Old January 20th 04, 05:26 AM
Striker

Anybody install these yet? I see the AC97 codec but I didn't see anything
stating they were for the ALC658. Are you sure they are the same thing?

"Tubby Canadian" wrote in message
.. .
Its on the Realtek site

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...id=12&series=8
&Software=True
but not yet posted on the Gigabyte site.
(note that the drivers and the media rack are separate downloads)

om...

Old January 20th 04, 06:03 AM
Orhan

"Tubby Canadian" wrote in message ...
Its on the Realtek site
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
but not yet posted on the Gigabyte site.
(note that the drivers and the media rack are separate downloads)

"Orhan" wrote in message
om...
Is EAX supported by GA-8KNXP's onboard sound (Realtek ALC658)? Is
there a need to install the EAX drivers separately? Where can I find
them?

Thanks for any help.

Orhan

I did already install these drivers (3.54) except the media rack. Do I
have to install it also?

In fact I mean, how can I know that these drivers support EAX. By
installing an EAX supported application (games etc.) and beeing able
to select EAX in the audio settings of that application itself?

Orhan
Old January 20th 04, 08:46 AM
Barry Walsh

Striker wrote:
Anybody install these yet? I see the AC97 codec but I didn't see anything
stating they were for the ALC658. Are you sure they are the same thing?

"Tubby Canadian" wrote in message
.. .

Its on the Realtek site

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...id=12&series=8
&Software=True

but not yet posted on the Gigabyte site.
(note that the drivers and the media rack are separate downloads)

"Orhan" wrote in message
.com...

Is EAX supported by GA-8KNXP's onboard sound (Realtek ALC658)? Is
there a need to install the EAX drivers separately? Where can I find
them?

Thanks for any help.

Orhan

The drivers are for all AC 97 compatible sound chips from Realtek, which
includes the ALC 658.
Old January 20th 04, 07:20 PM
TubbyCanadian

I am using them. They were great. No problems so far. They support
EAX just like the previous version did.
For EAX to work, just make sure you have your 4, 5 or 6 speakers
plugged in and mmake sure the sound manager program is set to 4, or
5.1.
Then play a game with EAX and make sure EAX is enabled in the Audio
options of the game. I've tested my 658 with Unreal Tournament 2003
with EAX on and it sound great.

(Orhan) wrote in message . com...
"Tubby Canadian" wrote in message ...
Its on the Realtek site
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
but not yet posted on the Gigabyte site.
(note that the drivers and the media rack are separate downloads)

om...

Old January 21st 04, 08:09 PM
Orhan

"Striker" wrote in message .. .
Did you install just the drivers or the media rack also?

"TubbyCanadian" wrote in message
m...
I am using them. They were great. No problems so far. They support
EAX just like the previous version did.
For EAX to work, just make sure you have your 4, 5 or 6 speakers
plugged in and mmake sure the sound manager program is set to 4, or
5.1.
Then play a game with EAX and make sure EAX is enabled in the Audio
options of the game. I've tested my 658 with Unreal Tournament 2003
with EAX on and it sound great.

(Orhan) wrote in message

. com...
"Tubby Canadian" wrote in message

Its on the Realtek site

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...id=12&series=8
&Software=True
but not yet posted on the Gigabyte site.
(note that the drivers and the media rack are separate downloads)

"Orhan" wrote in message
om...
Is EAX supported by GA-8KNXP's onboard sound (Realtek ALC658)? Is
there a need to install the EAX drivers separately? Where can I find
them?

Thanks for any help.

Orhan

I did already install these drivers (3.54) except the media rack. Do I
have to install it also?

In fact I mean, how can I know that these drivers support EAX. By
installing an EAX supported application (games etc.) and beeing able
to select EAX in the audio settings of that application itself?

Orhan

I did install just the drivers. And not the media rack. I think I
don't need this player.
I was able to activate EAX in the game Prince of Persia. (I have 4.1
speakers from Creative. But a 5.1 would be better)

Thanks for all responds.

Orhan