P4P800 Delux latest 3COM driver still showing as July

Old November 26th 03, 05:36 PM
John Smith

Default P4P800 Delux latest 3COM driver still showing as July

Hi,

I downloaded the latest P4P800 Delux 3COM driver from the Asus site today,
installed it on my XP Pro box and after reboot the NIC driver still is
saying it is from July 15th and not, as I expected, 11th November. Anyone
else getting this?

I followed the XP txt file in the readme folder to install but it seemed a
bit of a mess so maybe I got it wrong. Can someone point me in the right
direction? Also, I no longer have the 3COM NIC Diagnostics or Network
Utilities installed - anyone know how to get them back, preferably a newer
version but I can't find them on the Asus site.

Thanks,

John.

Old November 28th 03, 11:33 PM
Chris

"John Smith" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I downloaded the latest P4P800 Delux 3COM driver from the Asus site today,
installed it on my XP Pro box and after reboot the NIC driver still is
saying it is from July 15th and not, as I expected, 11th November. Anyone
else getting this?

I followed the XP txt file in the readme folder to install but it seemed a
bit of a mess so maybe I got it wrong. Can someone point me in the right
direction? Also, I no longer have the 3COM NIC Diagnostics or Network
Utilities installed - anyone know how to get them back, preferably a newer
version but I can't find them on the Asus site.

Try uninstalling new drivers,reinstall old drivers/with network
apps.Then update driver via Device Manager.Point it to a folder with
the new drivers in it(unzipped) and update just the .inf file.
Old November 30th 03, 11:41 AM
John Smith

Thanks, tried that and it don't work. Am begining to wonder whether it is
simply the driver info that is wrong - i.e. Asus did not update it?

John.

"Chris" wrote in message
om...