BIOS chip or MB (A7N8X Deluxe)

Old June 11th 10, 05:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
JBC

Default BIOS chip or MB (A7N8X Deluxe)

John Carter wrote:
JBC wrote in
:

Steve wrote:
In article ,
says...
Steve wrote:
In article ,
says...
GMAN wrote:
snip
You just need to replace the CR2032 battery that is on the
board. They cost like $2.99 at walmart.

Thanks,

But I don't think so. In my 16 years of building IBM clones,
I've never seen a MB whose BIOS wouldn't save data just
because the "Battery backup" was dead;
snip

In my 26 years of working on PCs and their clones; I have. So
you can swap out the battery with a known good one and prove us
wrong, or have a working motherboard.

Joe
You're a dense prick,
And you're an arrogant dumb **** to stupid to learn from his
betters unless treated like a prissy little girl.

Enjoy your brick.

my longevity quote was clearly an "I'm not a
sap(newbie)" statement because GMAN's answer was obviously
rushed. While your's is clearly all about competition as with
the sarcasm. I know a man that's been with various women for
over 67 years and still doesn't know how to treat them.
Obviously long lived exposure doesn't necessarily equate with
knowledge. Grow up boy and stop using computers to release your
misplaced frustrations.
Feel better venting your armchair psychobabble?

Check out Paul's response. He's got class and it has nothing to
do with his knowledge, but rather his attitude. He seems to
really want to help someone, A TRUE Gentleman and Scholar.
Sounds like you want to have Paul's children.

You sound like a washed up loser, get a grip.
Well, you don't see here me asking questions about simple fixes,
like yourself. Your sixteen years putting together PCs musta been
as an apprentice on an assembly line.

Thanks for nothing!
Got what you paid for, didn't you, Einstein?

Like I said "PRICK" but lets add "cowardly" to the list. And you
can take your egoistic self stroking id and stick it up your ass.
To my face from the very beginning all you'd have said was Yes
Sir! And that I guarantee!

As far as Paul is concerned: "credit where credit is due," And he
****ing deserves it, dip ****. What? Does it hurt your little
****wit ego that he's twice a knowledgeable as your dumb ass. His
solution was thorough, yours was auto-erotica, quit sucking
yourself. Dude is your head always so far up your ass or what?

**** off and die, self sucker!

Your choice (or maybe it's all you have to work with) of words only
reinforces our opinion of you. Profanity is the most telling of the
intellect.
A weak mind's attempt at expressing itself.

Calm down. Take a dose of something and then a nap. You'll feel
better when you wake up.

You know you're a sick mother ****er right. You're a deluded elitist.
I subscribe to George Carlins belief as far as what you call profanity
is concerned. Read my update you intellectual midget. Oh I forgot you
have a reading comprehension problem. Well do the best you can.
Old June 11th 10, 05:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Steve

In article ,
says...

snip

I can't wait for your next intellectual demonstration. Rant on! :-)

He's just a sad excuse of a net troll. Outing him was sooooooo easy.
And he's really bad at it too.

Old June 11th 10, 08:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
GMAN[_13_]

In article , JBC wrote:
GMAN wrote:
In article , JBC

wrote:
GMAN wrote:
In article , JBC
wrote:
Rob wrote:
"JBC" wrote in message
John Carter wrote:
JBC wrote in
:
GMAN wrote:
In article , JBC
wrote:
The other day I switched on my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Rev 1.04 MB and
got no video signal (yellow LED on monitor) as well as no other
activity or indications. After removing all cards, dusting off
CPU heatsink and MB, reseating DIMM’s and Vid card & swapping
Vid card I still had the same indications. So I decided to
remove the RTC/Setup battery and reset BIOS to defaults. Upon
boot I got video and was able to enter the setup utility but as
soon as I “saved any” changes I got the same indications as
mentioned above. So I reset again, and again got video and was
able to enter setup but was unable to “save any” BIOS settings
without it reverting back to the “black screen of death.” I
repeated it several more times to ensure that it was consistent,
and it was.
So my question is: with the indications above, can anyone tell
what the probability is that the problem is the BIOS chip or
that it’s the MB circuitry that supports the BIOS chip. I
really don’t want to spend the money on the chip just to find
out it’s the board.
TIA,

Joe
You just need to replace the CR2032 battery that is on the board.
They cost like $2.99 at walmart.

Thanks,

But I don't think so. In my 16 years of building IBM clones, I've
never seen a MB whose BIOS wouldn't save data just because the
"Battery backup" was dead; which is all that battery does. It's
there just in case you loose AC power so you don't loose all your
BIOS settings. A capacitor actually keeps the BIOS settings while
you have AC power. If you loose AC power that battery takes over
until such time that AC power is restored.

Thanks anyway.

Joe
Joe, I have the Rev 2.xx version, and I had a similar problem, just
slightly different, and replacement of the battery did the trick.

Give it a try.

Stranger things have happened, it's just another "funny" that can only

be
explained at significant cost and effort, much greater than the $2.99
cost of the battery. Chill.
How did you know I had a can of chill? Do you mean the CMOS EPROM or

one
of the diodes Paul referred to?

I find it hard to believe that your kind can be so presumptuous. I have

not sought your council on interpersonal relationships, but rather
batteries, MB's and EPROM's. A wise man such as Paul knows that you get

what you give. That Psychology dictates that I'm a mirror, what you see

is
merely you only clearer. Or in other words what you see in others is a
mere reflection of yourself, after all, you is all you truly know and
that's not certain. So I'll give you the same unsolicited deluded
condescension that you gave, CHILL!
How condescending. So, you tested the battery while in circuit and it

was
fine. Tell folk that and they won't waste their time trying to answer
questions when not enough information has been supplied. Paul is likely
correct, if the battery volttge is fine. You (or someone else) likely
shorted
the CMOS reset jumper without reading the manual.
Rob,

How idiotic. (just repaying you) Did you read the original message? So
as well as a fiction writer do you also talk to yourself? Seriously
dude, I don't know what in the **** you're talking about. I'm the
original owner, no ones touched the MB but me, and it's never been
mishandled. As to assume that their is only one way a circuit can die.
Dude let me educate you, on average Caps are usually the first thing
to die in any circuit from just plain old age, from doing what the were
intended to do.

You guys are ****ing newbies, backyard computer fixers. I bet you call
SIMM's and DIMM's "memory sticks." You can take the ****ing BACKUP
BATTERY out and throw it in the trash (well actually all lithium
batteries should be recycled) and the BIOS and the motherboard will work
FINE, just don't unplug the PS from an AC source of you'll find yourself
resetting all the BIOS settings. ITS A ****ING BATTERY BACKUP FOR YOUR
BIOS SETTINGS AND THE RTC for god sake. It only comes into play if you
loose power. Now like Paul has outlined if in fact the circuitry
supporting the sensing/switching of power sources fails then the problem
is the circuitry, the possibility that a dead battery can cause such an
indication is only a SYMPTOM of the REAL problem. Some people are just
clueless.

I worked for Tandy corporation for 7 years back in the 80's. I spent
the greater part of the mid 90's Working for Bell & Howell, producing

custom
built PC's for the Powersports industry (Basically a computer base Parts
catalog and ordering system). We were making custom CDR's on a $3000
1X Sony SCSI based recorder back before anyone had the capability to master

CDR's at home.

Returned to Tandy in a sort of way as a computer repair technician at
Incredible Universe , Tandy's huge retail store chain. Then went to work at

CompUSA for a few years as Upgrade Center Manager for 6 years in Salt Lake
City.

So I do know my way around a mil spec soldering station and a PC. I only
suggested the battery not to be a simpleton, but to try to suggest a part
that
was the cheapest to try and you wouldnt be out much if it didnt work. You
need a new battery anyways if you have never changed it since you bought

that
old board..

Newby my ass!

Some people are juct cocksuckers!

BTW, buy a MB that is from this millenium!!!
You shallow ****! Yeah I said shallow. What the **** does a new
motherboard got to do with anything other than feeding the Capitalist
BEAST. You're a ****ing moron. Brainwashed by the system! Keep on
competing with the Jone's you mindless fool. Life's meaning escapes
you! Paul's got a handle on it! Or so it would seem. His demeanor
says it all!
\\\

And by buying a chinese made motherboard you fed some communist.

I bet your the type of liberal who wears cornroll haircuts and rarely if ever

Do a Google search, it is pronounced either cornrow or cornroll.

showers for fear of hurting mother earth.

It's cornrow by the way, so does that mean you're a bigot as well?

Where the hell did i say anything about ones race, I only commented that i
hate certain unbathed liberals who wear filth haircuts.

AND your solution was in fact ****, and has everything to do with your
capabilities or lack thereof. Like I said earlier, Mr Hawking!
Credentials mean nothing if you were in fact the the most ignorant
simpleton at the various places you've mentioned. Why else would you
move around so much.

Becuase the dumb ****s who owned the companies ran them into the ground.
CompUSA is history, Incredible Universe is history, and I didnt want to move
and follow Bell and Howells relocation half the way across the country to go
to work in Wooster ****ing Ohio!!!!!!

You spoke of mil spec. Well I worked for the DOD
for 16 years concerning TEMPEST. So what the **** does that really say,
dip****?

That we both know how to hold a soldering iron properly?

Does it mean I was the lead scientist or the ****ing janitor. Probably

closer
to the later.

The point man, the point obviously escapes you.

The point man? Hippie much?

You ****ing morons that depend on name dropping are the most ignorant
people out there. PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. And from my vantage point
PAUL HAS GOT YOU ALL BEAT, BOTH AS A GENTLEMAN AND AS A
SCHOLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD! I honestly respect him! You
others are a bunch of no account wannabes, ****ing backyard fiddlers.
Intellectual infinitesimals. Quit sucking yourself and think of someone
else for a change.

If you cant figure out a bios problem on your own in this day and age and

with
your so called experience, what does that make you????

Human

Old June 11th 10, 08:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
GMAN[_13_]

In article , John Carter wrote:
JBC wrote in
:

John Carter wrote:
JBC wrote in
:

snip

[...]

Like I give a **** what you think. You're a ****ING NOBODY! ****
YOU!

What an exquisite attempt at validating yourself. Original, thought
provoking, but your mind is still a small crippled excuse for a
person who himself has no answer to his problem.

You are wasting valuable solution time by acting up like a three year
old brat. If you know so much, then fix it yourself. Or were the 16
years spent learning the hateful words and spiteful attitude?

I have never before seen someone ask for help and then belittle
someone for making an effort to tender that help just because you
didn't like their suggestion. Instead of beating those attempting to
help, you might have just said that you tried their suggestion and it
didn't work, then just say "Thanks, any more suggestions?"

I have, I suggested someone try a splitter cable to see if it helped with
their motherboard when it only had one PS2 port on it. And when it didnt work,
rather than returning the $5 cable to the store, the person ripped me a new
asshole for weeks, bitching to me that i shouldn't have suggested anything and
i repeated that he should have done more research himself if he didnt want
others to help suggest things to him. THIS person sounds like that very
person.

Say you took the mobo to a repair shop and didn't like their
soultion. Are you going to throw a tantrum there like you did here?
My guess is that you would think the same thing, but not have the
cojones to say it to the persons face, because you know you would get
a fist right in the old chopps.

I can't wait for your next intellectual demonstration. Rant on! :-)

Old June 11th 10, 02:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
JBC

GMAN wrote:
In article , JBC wrote:
GMAN wrote:
In article , JBC

wrote:
GMAN wrote:
In article , JBC
wrote:
Rob wrote:
"JBC" wrote in message
John Carter wrote:
JBC wrote in
:
GMAN wrote:

You are a dip huh? Taiwan you ignorant ****. Ask the US GOVT about that
one. You're a ****ing maroon.

I bet your the type of liberal who wears cornroll haircuts and rarely if ever

Do a Google search, it is pronounced either cornrow or cornroll.

Oh you live by google, oh they're infallible. I guess you got me, Feel
better! ;-)

showers for fear of hurting mother earth.

It's cornrow by the way, so does that mean you're a bigot as well?

Where the hell did i say anything about ones race, I only commented that i
hate certain unbathed liberals who wear filth haircuts.

Hate huh, I feel sorry for you, I only HATE those that HATE because it
always says more about the Hater than it does the hated.

[...]

Always it's the only way!

Old June 11th 10, 02:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
JBC

GMAN wrote:
In article , John Carter wrote:
JBC wrote in
:

John Carter wrote:
JBC wrote in
:

snip

[...]

GMAN, SERIOUSLY! I"M NOT ****ING AROUND. It would seem that you are an
innocent in this fiasco. The rest are ****wits of course; except for
Paul. He's the man! Somehow you got caught up in the crossfire and I'm
really sorry for that. I REALLY DO APPRECIATE YOUR ORIGINAL MESSAGE OF
HELP """"SINCERELY!!!!"""" I just new that it wasn't, and pretty sure
it couldn't, be the problem. In fact I've proved beyond a shadow of a
doubt that it's not. I could have done that before but, (Q)why does one
seek help on the internet? (A) To save them legwork of course. I
usually ask before attempting anything to get a sampling of
possibilities. It may give me ideas on procedure. Of course sometimes,
usually when I was much younger, It would be my last resort.

Sorry you got caught up in the crossfire man, really!! :-)

Peace man, Peace!