Finding an AMD motherboard with all solid polymer capacitors and ecc DDR2 support

Old May 4th 10, 08:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Daniel Prince

Default Finding an AMD motherboard with all solid polymer capacitors and ecc DDR2 support

I want to buy a good quality AMD motherboard with all solid polymer
capacitors and ecc DDR2 support. How can I find one? The search
system on Newegg does not support searches for these things.

Is there a web site that will allow me to search for polymer caps
and ecc memory support? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
Old May 4th 10, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Pen

On 5/4/2010 1:13 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:
I want to buy a good quality AMD motherboard with all solid polymer
capacitors and ecc DDR2 support. How can I find one? The search
system on Newegg does not support searches for these things.

Is there a web site that will allow me to search for polymer caps
and ecc memory support? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Try the AMD forums. They usually have recommendations for
server motherboards.
Old May 4th 10, 08:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Steve

In article , neutrino1
@ca.rr.com says...

I want to buy a good quality AMD motherboard with all solid polymer
capacitors and ecc DDR2 support. How can I find one? The search
system on Newegg does not support searches for these things.

Is there a web site that will allow me to search for polymer caps
and ecc memory support? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Have you looked at server motherboards?

Old May 4th 10, 11:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bob[_28_]

On May 4, 3:13*pm, Daniel Prince wrote:
I want to buy a good quality AMD motherboard with all solid polymer
capacitors and ecc DDR2 support.

Check out the ASUS M4A785D-M PRO.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com
Old May 5th 10, 01:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
larry moe 'n curly

Daniel Prince wrote:

I want to buy a good quality AMD motherboard with all solid polymer
capacitors and ecc DDR2 support. How can I find one? The search
system on Newegg does not support searches for these things.

Try the websites of Gigabyte, Asus, and Asrock because they do mention
when any of their motherboards use all polymer capacitors.
Motherboards with the AMD 770 chipset support ECC DDR2, but I don't
know about other chipsets.

100% polymers isn't necessary. Maybe they help increase the
reliability of the voltage regulators, especially the CPU regulator,
but they're not needed everywhere, and it's probably a lot more
important for all caps to be high quality brands rather than for all
the caps to be polymers. Also some manufacturers vary the brand
quality by mobo. For example, the wet caps for the BioStar MCP6P M2+
are low quality OST brand (I've had them pop in 1-2 years), while the
wet caps for their A760G_M2+_V6 are the much better Nichicon brand.

Even if you use ECC memory on an ECC mobo, test it thoroughly, both
with and without ECC activated.
Old May 5th 10, 10:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps)

Is there a web site that will allow me to search for polymer caps
and ecc memory support? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Check out Tyan's website.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.33.3