Driver for Epson Stylus color 600

Old April 1st 08, 02:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lauren Johnson

Default Driver for Epson Stylus color 600

I have an Epson Stylus color 600 printer but the microsoft plug and play
driver does not support all the features. Is there an Epson driver that I
can use with Windows XP that will support all the features?

Old April 1st 08, 04:53 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
tomcas

Lauren Johnson wrote:
I have an Epson Stylus color 600 printer but the microsoft plug and play
driver does not support all the features. Is there an Epson driver that I
can use with Windows XP that will support all the features?

I think the driver needed is epson11014.exe
Try here
http://www.driver100.com/downloaddri...0_Printer.html
Old April 1st 08, 09:39 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rob.

Lauren Johnson wrote:
I have an Epson Stylus color 600 printer but the microsoft plug and play
driver does not support all the features. Is there an Epson driver that I
can use with Windows XP that will support all the features?

So you went here

And the Epson site does say that its not fully supported.

Well I think its time for a new printer.
Old April 1st 08, 12:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

The RX 600 is not the same machines as the SC600. Unfortunately, Epson
(and a lot of other companies repeat the same model numbers with
different prefixes or suffixes. The RX600 is a newer all in one
printer. The SC600 is a fairly dated 1440 dpi 4 color dye inkjet printer.

Art

Old April 1st 08, 12:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Officially, there isn't any driver for the SC600 for XP, but you might
want to try the SC640 Win 2000 driver or the XP drivers for the 660. I
don't know if they will work or not, but it is probably worth the try.
The ink monitor programs are separate.

Sometimes, with Epson, if the driver hasn't been tested fully on a
certain OS, they will not offer it as a working option. If you are
willing to take a chance and try it, it may just work.

Also, some Win 98 drivers will work under XP, and again it is hit and
miss, so you have to try. You will probably have to turn off plug and
play temporarily to load the Win 98 driver, and uninstall the in-box
version so as to not create conflicts.

Just as a caveat, I can't guarantee this will work properly, and will
not cause any unforeseen problems with other aspects of the system, so
if you decide to try this, you may be placing some system stability at
risk.

Art

Old April 1st 08, 12:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I would suggest the OP not give up so easily. As I stated in an earlier
posting, there are no guarantees, but the Win 98 driver may work, as may
the Win 2000 for the 640 or the Win XP for the 660. The 640 and 660
were very similar printers with mainly some cosmetic changes in the case.

Art