Refill Canon carts done easy, HTH

Old November 11th 06, 12:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Laurence

Default Refill Canon carts done easy, HTH

Mapanari wrote

4. "Push toothpick into hole, give it a firm tap with a cd case or
something."

For the three years I've been filling my own cartridges I've never
used anything but sticky tape (cellotape) carefully placed over the
hole. Makes a perfect seal. Never had a leak!
Laurence

Old January 12th 07, 11:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Olin K. McDaniel

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:17:58 -0000, Wankatoa
wrote:

"Laurence" wrotenews:4rlt4pFrs008U1
:

Mapanari wrote

4. "Push toothpick into hole, give it a firm tap with a cd case or
something."

For the three years I've been filling my own cartridges I've never
used anything but sticky tape (cellotape) carefully placed over the
hole. Makes a perfect seal. Never had a leak!
Laurence

You must have a really good brand of sticky tape. I find it doesn't work.
The only tape that worked half-assed good was plastic electrician's tape.

Not having a hot glue gun as many advise or use, I like the toothpick idea.

Instead of hot glue, I've found over several years that there is yet
another workable answer. I gently push the little black ball,
furnished with most ink refill sets, into the hole we had to punch
out, then seal it with clear RTV silicone adhesive/sealant. It's
available at places like Wal Mart, and most hardware stores, under
various labels. The one I'm using now has the Permatex brand label,
but I've used several other brands including GE with equal success.
It takes about 30 minutes to set, faster with higher humidity. One
tube of 3 ounces lasts me for many refills. When the cartridge is
empty, the dried silicone can be pealed off, and usually the little
black ball plug comes off with it. Couldn't be easier.

Olin McDaniel

Old January 15th 07, 12:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Sam Louis

There is a much easier way. Go buy a refill kit from Hobbicolors on ebay.
They sell kits that are specifically for Canon printers using PGI5 and CLI8
ink cartridges. Those kits include a bag of soft plastic plugs with a hat,
like a nail but a very short nail. You only need to drill a 1/8" hole for
refilling ink. Then use the plugs to seal the hole after refilling.

These plugs can be plugged and unplugged by fingers only. They never fall
into the ink tanks because of the hat on the plug. They are soft so they seal
effectively. One plug will last on one cartridge forever. They really solves
all the sealing problems I had before. You can find the refill kits on eBay
by searching Hobbicolors.

Good luck, folks.

Old January 15th 07, 03:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Sam Louis wrote:
There is a much easier way. Go buy a refill kit from Hobbicolors on ebay.

Bad advice. Go to Costco and buy Canon carts.

snip

Good luck, folks.

@mid.individual.net:

Old January 15th 07, 07:29 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

Sam Louis wrote:

There is a much easier way. Go buy a refill kit from Hobbicolors on ebay.
They sell kits that are specifically for Canon printers using PGI5 and CLI8
ink cartridges. Those kits include a bag of soft plastic plugs with a hat,
like a nail but a very short nail. You only need to drill a 1/8" hole for
refilling ink. Then use the plugs to seal the hole after refilling.

These plugs can be plugged and unplugged by fingers only. They never fall
into the ink tanks because of the hat on the plug. They are soft so they
seal
effectively. One plug will last on one cartridge forever. They really
solves
all the sealing problems I had before. You can find the refill kits on eBay
by searching Hobbicolors.

Good luck, folks.

Very good advice!
Been doing exactly that for years with excellent results.
Frank
Old January 18th 07, 08:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Sam Louis

Good to hear that. Canon must know perfectly that they need to make it
somewhat not too difficult for people to refill their printers. They would
lose a good piece of the market if they don't. But they don't want to make
it too easy and lose the easy profit from people like Measekite. Canon
have raised prices by introducing CLI8 and PGI5 ink cartridges so that
Measekite will pay more. I suggest Canon to double the prices for their
cartridges. Measekite will pay without hesitation anyway.

Old January 18th 07, 11:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Sam Louis wrote:
Good to hear that. Canon must know perfectly that they need to make it
somewhat not too difficult for people to refill their printers. They
would
lose a good piece of the market if they don't. But they don't want to
make
it too easy and lose the easy profit from people like Measekite. Canon
have raised prices by introducing CLI8 and PGI5 ink cartridges so that
Measekite will pay more. I suggest Canon to double the prices for their
cartridges. Measekite will pay without hesitation anyway.

Now what exactly is stupid. Is it a lack of understanding or just
spewing out trash without thinking. I have the same fine printers I
have had for two years. I use the same ink that I have used for years
and I pay the same price. Now after considering the lack of inflation
and more money I actually pay less after adjusting for inflation.

So the following stupid statement is well
STUPID

Old January 19th 07, 03:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

Sam Louis wrote:
Good to hear that. Canon must know perfectly that they need to make it
somewhat not too difficult for people to refill their printers. They would
lose a good piece of the market if they don't. But they don't want to make
it too easy and lose the easy profit from people like Measekite. Canon
have raised prices by introducing CLI8 and PGI5 ink cartridges so that
Measekite will pay more. I suggest Canon to double the prices for their
cartridges. Measekite will pay without hesitation anyway.

Yep...you got that one right! He'll do and say anything to promote oem
(ignorant fool he is). Hell, he's shot himself in the foot and painted
himself into a corner so many times as to be permanently hobbled and
forever stuck in the stupidity that we in this ng know him by.
But hey, he deserves all the credit cause he did it to himself!
****'em!
Frank