memory slots

Old December 30th 04, 07:40 PM
donny

Default memory slots

what slots should a stick of 512 and 256 pc 2700 be in on a a7n8x-e dleuxe
board i have two sticks and the 256 is corsair and the other has no name
but in everest it says both sticks are micron technology!

Old December 31st 04, 02:19 AM
peter

slots 1 and 3
peter
news

Old December 31st 04, 05:32 AM
donny

k well another problem was one of my ram modules cause i cant seem to put
two in or else my games shut down after minutes of play i thought at first
drivers then usb but it seems when i use the second module it starts acting
up maybe its not compatible ram
"Ed" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:40:51 -0500, "donny" wrote:

what slots should a stick of 512 and 256 pc 2700 be in on a a7n8x-e dleuxe
board i have two sticks and the 256 is corsair and the other has no name
but in everest it says both sticks are micron technology!

Look in your "A7N8X-E Deluxe" manual. ;p
fwiw, my "A7N8X" manual says...,
To utilize dual channel memory feature install two or more sticks of ram
in one of the following sequence:
Sockets 1 & 3, Sockets 2 & 3, or Sockets 1, 2 & 3.
Ed

Old January 1st 05, 09:16 PM
steve p

"Ed" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:40:51 -0500, "donny" wrote:

You could get memtest (google for it) and test your sticks individually, in
single & then in dual channel mode to see if that's the cause of your
problem.

In my experience some RAM sticks which test fine individually or in single
channel mode won't work properly when put into dual channel mode - leading
to problems like the one you're getting.

Try them in single channel mode (slots 1&2) and see how you go.

Steve