asus abmzn-la mobo, help find or replace plz!!!

Old November 30th 08, 05:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.computer.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Collon

Default asus abmzn-la mobo, help find or replace plz!!!

compaq presario sr2017cl (sr2000 series) amd athlon64
mobo says asus abmzn-la (but nothing on Asus site or Google!)

Computer won't post. Took both rams out, computer/mobo won't beep. I think
even this pci-express mobo board should still beep if it is good mobo and
processor. Nothing wrong with psu, monitor, or ram . . . I've verified these
components work.

So.....if I can't find another mobo just like this one and I don't know how
to verify that the processor still works, can you help me find another
abmzn-la with processor that I can buy?

If not, can you help me find a close alternative mobo to replace this one?

Thanks!!!

Old November 30th 08, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.computer.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim Beard[_2_]

Collon wrote:
compaq presario sr2017cl (sr2000 series) amd athlon64
mobo says asus abmzn-la (but nothing on Asus site or Google!)

On page 2 or 3 of a google,
"looked up the motherboard, and wrote down ASUS ABMZN-LA took me
an hour to figure out it was really ASUS A8M2N-LA (you can't tell
it's numbers at all) ..."

If not, can you help me find a close alternative mobo to replace this one?

I would recommend upgrading to an AMD dual-core or quad-core or
Intel quad-core 64-bit mobo. YPYM, YTYP.

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.
Old December 3rd 08, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.computer.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Collon

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...414&CatId=1916

Paul look at that above. Shouldn't I just buy that? It looks like it comes
with ram and the cpu. My god, it's only $140 and I was about spend $110 just
to get the mobo! It doesn't come with fans though So when I get this
thing, I will have to see about how to get fans in it.

Don't you think the fan on the heat sink I have in the old comp should work
on this one? Is it possible to get another fan in this barebones comp some
how?

Thanks for taking so much time to help me Paul and Kony.

Old December 5th 08, 10:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.computer.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
pokey man

I dont think it comes with heatsink either, it does look like a good deal
though. I would invest in a good HS/fan to protect investment.

Pokey

Old December 10th 08, 02:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.computer.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Collon

Hey Paul, thanks alot for all your help and that motherboard you
suggested....it came today. The MOBO was the problem. I took the old cpu off
the other comp and put it on the new mobo...the comps posts now with no
probs.

Further good news..tigerdirect was out of the cpu when I did the order . .
so I was able to cancel the order of that before it shipped

Old December 10th 08, 02:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.computer.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Collon

Yes pokeyman..you were right...but the old heatsink and cpu worked on the
new mobo...i got her up and running now...

BTW, they dropped the price another $15 the day I made the order...I really
got a great deal...

Old December 11th 08, 05:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.computer.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
pokey man

Of coarse it would with the old CPU...hoe is the temp? if it seems higher
then it was, put new HS grease on it (use Nail polish remover or Acetone) to
clean cpu and HS.

cheers