New Built P5W dh Help

Old October 1st 06, 03:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
ed wang

Default New Built P5W dh Help

Hi all:

I am building a new system on the P5W DH. I have one SATA hard drive and
one SATA optical drive to set up. No RAID configuration will be used.
After reading the user guide, I think the SATA drive should be connected to
the SATA1 Intel ICH7R connector using the default Standard IDE mode? But
how about the SATA optical drive (a Plextor DVD burner)? Which connector
should I use? There are so many SATA connectors and the guide only
mentioned connecting the hard drive. I cannot find any help regarding the
SATA optical drive connection. Thanks in advance.

Ed

Old October 1st 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Barry Watzman

You should be able to use any of the SATA connections. However, put the
hard drive on the first SATA port.

Old October 1st 06, 02:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
hotrod

when you get your optical hooked up let me know if its faster or if ya
notice any diff at all please i would have answered ya but wasnt sure about
optical cd drives!
. ..