lm_sensors and GeForce 6800 gpu temperature

Old February 8th 06, 07:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.os.linux

Default lm_sensors and GeForce 6800 gpu temperature

Hi
I seem to remember that a while ago just after I bought my Geforce 6800 I
had the temperature of the gpu in my gkrellm. But that was still with
SuSE9.3. I did a few installs from scratch recently (until I found out that
one of my Ram chips was shagged yesterday) and have not seen the
temoperature indicator since in sensors. Cpu and MB temp plus associated
fan speed are fine. What's the required sensor module (although I am sure I
did not have to manually adjust anything, it must have come up with
sensors-detect at that time).
alex

Dual Athlon MP 2600+, Asus A7M266-D, SuSE 10.0, KDE 3.5, sensors version
2.9.1 with libsensors version 2.9.1,
# sensors
eeprom-i2c-1-50
Adapter: cx88[0]
Unknown EEPROM type (0)

as99127f-i2c-0-2d
Adapter: SMBus AMD768 adapter at e4e0
--
"Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the
rich." (Sir Peter Ustinov)
Old February 9th 06, 05:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 02-08-2006, in comp.os.linux.hardware,
Alexander Linkenbach wrote:

Hi
I seem to remember that a while ago just after I bought my Geforce
6800 I had the temperature of the gpu in my gkrellm. But that was
still with SuSE9.3. I did a few installs from scratch recently
(until I found out that one of my Ram chips was shagged yesterday)
and have not seen the temoperature indicator since in sensors. Cpu
and MB temp plus associated fan speed are fine. What's the
required sensor module (although I am sure I did not have to
manually adjust anything, it must have come up with sensors-detect
at that time).
alex

Tried dropping into the gkrellm configuration and turning on (Place
check marks behind) the sensors/temperatures/nVidia Gpu
[Core,Ambient] options? Yes/No?

Max

--
This is Linux country my good man, on a quiet night you can
hear the sound of Windows rebooting.
Old February 9th 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

M.Titus wrote:

On 02-08-2006, in comp.os.linux.hardware,
Alexander Linkenbach wrote:

Hi
I seem to remember that a while ago just after I bought my Geforce
6800 I had the temperature of the gpu in my gkrellm. But that was
still with SuSE9.3. I did a few installs from scratch recently
(until I found out that one of my Ram chips was shagged yesterday)
and have not seen the temoperature indicator since in sensors. Cpu
and MB temp plus associated fan speed are fine. What's the
required sensor module (although I am sure I did not have to
manually adjust anything, it must have come up with sensors-detect
at that time).
alex

Tried dropping into the gkrellm configuration and turning on (Place
check marks behind) the sensors/temperatures/nVidia Gpu
[Core,Ambient] options? Yes/No?

No, didn't. Cause it's not there.
I did install the driver from the Nvidia site (instead of the one supplied
from SuSE via you) which gave me nvidia-settings. At least I can now read
the temps with that.
Thanks
alex