Square peg in a round hole....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 23rd 03, 05:36 AM
mike

Default Square peg in a round hole....

Okay, my current setup:

Athlon XP 2400+ retail running at 2240 (reads as a 2600+)
Shuttle AN35N m/b
2x512Mb PC2100 sticks of ram (not matched) at 140Mhz on the bus
Connect3D 9600 Pro 128Mb (overclocked core - 490/memory - 702)
Samsung SP1203N 120Gb ATA133 HD
LG 52/24/52 CD-R
Windows XP Pro sp1

It all runs quite well. A friend of mine wanted my 2400+ so I bought a
2500+ Barton. I'm going to have to run it with a 140Mhz bus for a
month or two till I can pry loose enough money to get a matched pair
of PC2700 ram. Anyone running a Barton at 133Mhz and using the
multiplier to clock it up? Wondering how well this will work or will I
have to live with it at a lower clock speed until I get the proper
ram?