Issues with my EPoX 8RDA3+ board

Old June 2nd 04, 05:16 PM
Sorrow

Default Issues with my EPoX 8RDA3+ board

I just got my new board a little less than 2 weeks ago now.
Everything has been find up to this point. However, this
morning I noticed some very odd behavior: when I turned
on my PC, it just sat there for a full minute showing nothing
but the following info on the screen:

-----
Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally
Copyright (C) 1984-2002, Phoenix Technologies, LTD

10/17/2003 For nForce2-S Chipset

Main Processor : AMD Athlon (tm) XP 2100+

Pres DEL to enter SETUP
10/17/2003-nVidia-nForce-6A61BPACC-00
-----

It doesn't start counting memory (like it normally does, it
doesn't continue booting, it doesn't do anything. Just sits
there for about a full minute. Then, in a rush, it shows the
full memory count (ie, it doesn't count up but just shows
the full amount), CPU real speed (which I haven't over
clocked; it's still set to the default speed) and then the board
diags (CPU temp, fan speeds, etc).
Again, this just started this morning after having no problems
for almost 2 weeks. Would would be causing something like
this to occur? What is it getting hung up there?

Also, in the board diags, it's showing the "Power Fan" as going
really slow -- about 1100 RPMs. What is that? Is that the
fan for my power supply? Why would it be going so slow?
It's a brand new Antec 400W PSU and I don't see anything
interfering with the fan at all.

A follow up on this:
I've flash upgraded to the newest version of the BIOS that is
available on EpOX's site and I'm still having this problem. So I
am not sure that the problem is the BIOS.

Any ideas as to what might be going on with my board would
be greatly appreciated!

thnx,
Christoph

Problems w/my EPoX 8RDA+ board Christoph General 19 May 26th 04 02:06 AM
EPoX 8RDA boards Sorrow General 9 May 20th 04 02:44 AM
old board is dead C General 2 April 24th 04 11:06 PM
?s IEEE-488 interface board setup spacekase General 8 March 11th 04 04:07 AM
defective main board or cpu ? Robert L. General 11 November 8th 03 10:39 PM