mpc/gateway support

Old April 7th 09, 08:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
xodusss

Default mpc/gateway support

Unfortunately, the MPC support site is now out of operation leaving
thousands of owners with no place to go for drivers, manuals, etc.
There is one place that has mirrored the entire mpc support site on
their own server but they do not have a website up and running at this
time. Considering the site was around 95 Giganytes in size, it could
take a while yet.
They are offering limited support by email at and
are in the process of putting up a new forum strictly for owners of
the MPC/Gateway systems.
Old April 7th 09, 10:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

xodusss wrote:
Unfortunately, the MPC support site is now out of operation leaving
thousands of owners with no place to go for drivers, manuals, etc.
There is one place that has mirrored the entire mpc support site on
their own server but they do not have a website up and running at this
time. Considering the site was around 95 Giganytes in size, it could
take a while yet.
They are offering limited support by email at and
are in the process of putting up a new forum strictly for owners of
the MPC/Gateway systems.

MPC's support, or lack thereof, applies to computers bought through
Gateway's business computer sales unit, which was sold to MPC several
years ago. Before MPC declined terribly, they were very good in
providing me with a power supply to replace one in a Gateway bought by a
town government with a 4-year warranty. Now, I suppose you can tear up
the warranties... Ben Myers
Old April 8th 09, 05:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
William R. Walsh

It seems that Gateway has also shut down (or at least made nonpublic) their
FTP server. For whatever it might be worth, I mirrored it in late 2007,
around the time of the Acer buyout.

http://greyghost.mooo.com/gw2kftp/

It stood around 15.1 GB the last I knew, and if I'm remembering correctly.

Don't go crazy on this server--take it easy, as its connection is bandwidth
limited! It's not going anywhere anytime soon and is provided only as a
public service.

William