Charges

Old January 17th 04, 09:15 PM
John Wellington

Default Charges

Hi All

Could you please let me know what too charge per hour,
for Hardware and Software, Installations, Repairs and Services ?

Thanks
John

Old January 17th 04, 10:33 PM
CBFalconer

John Wellington wrote:

Could you please let me know what too charge per hour, for
Hardware and Software, Installations, Repairs and Services ?

5 to 10 beers. That should be sufficiently International.

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE worldnet address!

Old January 17th 04, 11:44 PM
MrB

That is a fair price, but the client should pay AFTER the service is
performed. I know that I sometimes make bad choices after 5.

Old January 18th 04, 03:40 AM
kony

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:15:03 +0200, "John Wellington"
wrote:

Hi All

Could you please let me know what too charge per hour,
for Hardware and Software, Installations, Repairs and Services ?

Thanks
John

It depends on what the market will bear, and possibly the specific
customer's ability to pay. Another issue is your ability to rapidly
troubleshoot, or rather, making sure you're efficient, not going too
fast but not wasting time. It's helpful to have a set bench fee for
particular services.

It also depends on how you're set up, if a house call, shop, same-day
or odd hours, etc. It depends on how busy you are too, if you have
plenty of spare time you can afford lower rates than if it's necessary
to work overtime or hire another employee. You might also want to
start out with a low rate to gain customer confidence and referrals...
perhaps around $35 USD adjusted to cost of living in your locality.